Just wondering if anyone else with a DC2 with ABS hears a noise from under the bonnet when turning the car on. When i turn mine on i hear a slight 'compressor' noise, it's hard to describe.

I'm just wondering if it is doing a check to make sure it's all good or what? I know for a fact it's the ABS cause i've been told by quite a few ppl that it's the ABS system doing a check.

Anyway, this afternoon i turned the car on and the noise took a little longer than normal to stop. Just wondering if anyone has ever had any problems.

Am i just being too paranoid?

Never noticed any other noise apart from the engine cranking over and my extractors rattling.

hmmm...maybe if I heard the noise..I could relate....

can you record the noise :P
    blah blah blah

I think that is the ABS your hearing, its just checking itself. Its kinda a hard sound to describe but someone said it sounds like a CD spinning. Mine does the same thing (well before the ABS system broke down).

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It is the ABS, sounds like a CD being loaded. By the way, this topic has already been raised. 8) Search Vic, search...jk

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    i get that noise as well =)

Ok, it's all good then. I don't recall the other topic.

I'm locking my own threads! :shock: