Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Sorry, I think I'll keep the old civ.. been with me for quite a few years, don't think I have the heart to let it go, either

4 door's would be rarer than 2 door's I would think. Leastways of the ones I've seen they all have been 2's

Have you thought about swapping the d15 into the 1st gen? There is a lot of work involved but it's a pretty big upgrade for them. I love those first gens, I froth out every time I see one. Never sell it they will probably be worth something one day

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    Have you thought about swapping the d15 into the 1st gen? There is a lot of work involved but it's a pretty big upgrade for them. I love those first gens, I froth out every time I see one. Never sell it they will probably be worth something one day
    have thought about it, yeah.. 10k worth of engine bay work.. not including suspension upgrades, brake upgrades and that kinda crap :| plus would need a dry sump from memory.. the sump would hang a bit low if i recall correctly.

but yeah, thinking i'll just keep the ec for now, give it a bit of extra go, when it dies, ask a guy in hobart if he has any crossflow 1500's (don't know if there are any) and drop that in. after a rebuild of course ;D

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    But still, I'd rather keep this, and try to find something I can chuck my d15 in, than buy another eg/ ek... Money doesn't grow on trees.. Why? Because maccaswage.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    So, Installed some fender mirrors for some old school looks

also thinking about getting these wheels at some stage in time

As for plans for the future:

-Going to rip the passenger seat out of the eg, find a driver side seat, try to get the rails and such made to fit, then once that is done, take them to a place locally, get them reupholstered in black leather with red stitching.
    -Buy me a nardi with black leather and red stitching
    -Buy the above wheels
    -Get twin webber carby system made up
    -Get extractors made up
    -Get new exhaust
    -Possibly put the eg rad in, if it fits straight on (I'd chuck it in with the thermo fan from the eg as well, just need to wire it up or whatever hopefully)
    -get some shocks/ hubs from my guy in hobart for some 4x100 conversions

Lots of things to do, no money to do it D:

In the meantime, saving up for mah engine repairs, then it's saving up for some of these things ^^

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Double posted >.> don't know how..
    Last edited by Drifter995; 03-02-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Haha! love those wheels, my favourite style. Have to chuckle when they say "Beware of imitations or copies", seeing they (and all others) are copies of the original 'Minilite' wheels produced in the 1960's for the Austin/Morris Cooper Mini's in the UK (from which they take their name and are still in production). Didn't know about these ones made here. Had some like them on a little 1969 Datsun 1000 2Dr sedan (notchback, not the coupe. Loved that car, could turn it in 1/2 a street width).

Gotta have plans and aims.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Haha, thanks, I'd love to keep that style as it's pretty much same era, keep it old school

Also, think I may have double posted :|

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    awesome ride, wondering where you got the mirror fenders from? got one of these also, contemplating on selling as i dont have much time to fix up, but then again so hard to let go. doing bits and pieces on it in the meantime...awesome little go karts these are!

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    haha yeah, they are pretty awesome machines ^^

Got the mirrors from a dude on jdmst, who bought them off ebay. they were to suit a 280z i believe. however, being from nsw, i'd say you'd probably need spring loaded ones to have them legally :|

But yeah, I had this up for sale for a while there, nearly sold it, then the buyer backed out due to not earning as much as they thought.
    Kept it, and yeah.. heaps of fun