Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic

1st gen civic questions

So, I've been looking at getting some more low in the old civic, and maybe more power and a non screwed gearbox >.>

So questions:
    - Are there any coilover you can drop into a 1st gen civic without any work/ leave them removable? Just incase i get defected and need to put stocks back on or something.
    Car has independant suspension all around. no leafs, coils.
    I'm after some coils for a bit more low, and so it can actually handle a bit better..

- I read that ah 5 speed gearboxes are a easy swap for them, but I was curious how much work needs to be done to put them in (my 4speed box has no 2nd syncro left pre-much.. the results of two l platers learning in it) Would I need new cv's/ an ah's cv's? could I just use the same cv's? would i need custom ones? custom mounts? no adaptor plate for the clutch and stoof like that?

- is it possible to chuck either eg civic suspension and hubs and brakes onto it with minimal work? or even just chuck the eg's brakes on and hubs? as i have an eg wreck at home, so was thinking i could use those.

Sorry for the questions, just been looking for some answers, and haven't found many >.>

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    K-sport to my knowledge make coilovers for them, discovered they also have AH coilovers

First Gen Civic's use an E-series engine, same as the AH and a number of Honda's between.

Mounts should be the same.

Never done the gearbox swap on it myself but I don't believe you'd need new CV's etc.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    sweet, thanks. Will search for an ah gearbox then >
    I'm sporting the ec engine which is the 1500, so i'll have to see about gearboxes then.
    as for k-sport, will give them a call and see if they do and how much ^^

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I'll have to dig around but there is a nice build on Honda swap for a 1st gen with a D16 swap, he touches on suspension and brakes.

Amen, go the E-series!
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Oh cool, will try to find it.
    But 1stgencivic.org does have some info, i just wanted to find out some more details, mainly about the eg stuff, since my eg is a banana atm :/