Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, AP1

dc5r transmission problems HELP PLEASE!!

my dc5r is having problems getting from gear 1 to gear 2 usually it is not that bad but this morning i couldn't put it in gear 2 when i tried too, the gear grinds (i can actually FEEL IT) and im 100% sure my shifting i good.

At the moment it is drivable but it is still grinding on odd occasions when i chuck it in to gear 2, sometimes even on the down gear.

Ive been reading some forums and noticed that the 02' dc5 had these kind of tranny problems, most of the answers i got was that the gear 1-2 synchroniser was out.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE/HAD THIS PROBLEM,
    what are your recommendations.

cheers in advance guys

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    worn synchros and probably worn rear engine mount contributing to it

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, AP1
    how much is to geet that fixed? :S it'll completely wreck my gear box if i keep driving yea?

yeah i i kinda of have the same problem. sometimes i cant get it in properly and it pops out

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    To quote on a internal gearbox fix is hard. It is a job where rebuilders will say, strip & inspect, so that way they are not catching themselves out. PM me if you want to get some rough prices as I am able to remove & re-fit the gearbox for you & have a couple of manual trans builders I use thru work
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I had similar troubles when I first got my car. It was no where near as extreme as you describe though. Only on occassion when it happened. Changed my tranny fluid and it was fine.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk