Quote Originally Posted by kosta View Post
I live in the usa
I bought the headlights from Germany for about $1200 usd

If you could answer some questions, I'd be so grateful

1. The round bulb next to the projector, underneath the little bridge, what does that do? blinker? parking light? daytime running light?

2. the 2 little blue bars what do those do?

3. Are yours wired oem style or did you have to cut and splice etc.

4. cars here have manual headlights, these have a server motor that I'm guessing adjusts via switch or automatically? how does that work?

any info you can provide would be so grateful
thanks

If all else fails, I may have to sell them
1. That is the blinker. I retrofitted a switchback 1156 bulb so I can indicate and courtesy flash function.
2. The blue bar infront of the indicator bulb is the parker light. Have a look at the back of the headlight and match it with the bulbs you currently have on urs. They should all be the same except for the H8 globe which is needed for the adaptive cornering light.
3. All are wired oem style except for the adaptive cornering light. You are free to use it as you like. You can use it as a parker light function if you like. My autoelectrician has to make up a system that work with available modules he could get his hands on.
4. Are you refering to the auto hi beam feature? The HID high beam is activated by a flip inside the headlight that cuts off the top half of the light output. I just use it manually. Dont see any need to have it auto hi beam as it would be annoying to other drivers also.

I installed the 55w hid bulbs and respective ballasts from theretrofitsource which is located in the US.

If you like you can have the inner blue strip as your DRL and the adaptive cornering ones as your parker lights. There is a few combinations which you can set it up. As long as the main functions are in play.