Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    It's funny how this thread started this week. Just over last weekend to today, I've seen 3 different turbo s2k's and boy do they sound sexy!
    Commencing turbo build s2k Ap1!!!

Thread: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/922032-s2kjns-build/

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, EK4
    Rotrex supercharge it. A c38-91 charger on a standard f20c would make around 400-450hp with E85.

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I am in the middle of corresponding with Full Race at the moment in regards to compatibility of their Pro Street kit with RHD drive cars and they have advised me that their Pro Street kit will fit on RHD models and clear brake master cylinder & booster. Their Forward Facing Twin Scroll Kit will most likely not suit RHD vehicles due to front pipe diameters & the direction you have to run it
    That's great news.. if only I had that option when I was looking at FI

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Ok just to update:

I have been corresponding with Full Race all this week as I mentioned earlier, and advised that their Pro Street kit will suit RHD models. They have now gotten back to me (very apologetically as well) saying that this is incorrect and that only their Forward Facing Twin Scroll Kit will suit RHD models, tho you have to get imaginative with dump pipe design.

Full Race have recommend for making between 300 - 450whp (225 - 335rwkw) to use a Garret GT3076R 1.06 a/r twin scroll (T4 flange) and twin 38mm wastegates. I have then gone and spoken to GCG Turbo's and they have said that there is a GTX version (http://gcg.com.au/index.php?page=sho...art&Itemid=101) which is a high flowed version that will spool slightly quicker & hold higher top end boost than your normal GT3076R
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Ok just to update:
    Full Race have recommend for making between 300 - 450whp (225 - 335rwkw) to use a Garret GT3076R 1.06 a/r twin scroll (T4 flange) and twin 38mm wastegates. I have then gone and spoken to GCG Turbo's and they have said that there is a GTX version (http://gcg.com.au/index.php?page=sho...art&Itemid=101) which is a high flowed version that will spool slightly quicker & hold higher top end boost than your normal GT3076R
    haha thats my plans for the end of this year =D...the gtx series are debatable. 'apparently' some say that there not as good as everyone thinks and interms of money vs performance increase the extra $800 price tag for this turbo isnt really worth it

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I am able to supply the GTX3076R for near identical price as a GT3076R
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    SS AP1 S2000
    I was looking at SC'ing for awhile OP.

ATM running an injen intake, SOS TB, Berk header, Berk 70MM HFC and a T1R sparrow exhaust and have some BC Stage 2 cams I'm deciding if I'm going to put in. Eventually the price of it all started catching up with me, spent about 4k on everything so far, a full SC kit + install and looking at another 10 or so. And with the more mods I'm adding to it, fuel economy is starting to go to crap. If you want a boosted car, go get a Focus RS or an STI or something. S2000's are a brilliant car stock.

My 2 cents.

^ You're still deciding to put in a supercharger and by the sound of it, you're leaning more towards buying one. But you are telling him to get another car instead if he wants boost? I don't understand :S

Member Array
    Car:
    SS AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    ^ You're still deciding to put in a supercharger and by the sound of it, you're leaning more towards buying one. But you are telling him to get another car instead if he wants boost? I don't understand :S
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be misleading. I WAS going to SC it, however once I started looking into the prices of this, and finding a trustworthy mechanic, I decided it wasn't worth it. I'll be staying NA and selling my S soon and going with a car that was designed to be boosted, XR5's, RS, WRX's etc.

OT. Stay N/A OP.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    curious question
    I don't think it common but would k24 engine swap in a s2k be better value than using the f20c plus +FI?
    Im sure the k20a head and k24 block has more potential than the f20c
    imagine the torque

k24 is a great engine but seriously guys an f20c boosted with a good setup should make 300rkw no problem and rip all day everyday.. We might not have that many examples here in Oz but the guys in the US have been doing it for years..

I say boost it and clear up the many misconceptions that people on this board seem to have about FI

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'm boosted and I'm happy. Nuf said.