Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I can get a full set of BRAND NEW King Springs Super or Ultra Lows for under $400 (not including fitting) if you want them instead of chopping up your springs
    Apart from the spring rate, and maybe the top of the spring depending on how you cut it, whats the difference between a cut spring and a king spring?

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    We are not hating, chopping your springs isnt a very good idea considering it can fall out if you go over a bump lol.
    an EK has four struts.... It is impossible for the spring to fall out. It may become dislodged, Maybe, but the chance of that is slim.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    The OP is wanting to get that stanceworks or hellaflush (I assume) look by slamming his car. At least by going to king springs he is doing it in a safer manner than chopping springs
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    The OP is wanting to get that stanceworks or hellaflush (I assume) look by slamming his car. At least by going to king springs he is doing it in a safer manner than chopping springs
    For starters, Stanceworks isnt a look.

Cutting a couple of coils off isnt slamming your car either. I love people who cry about cut springs and how unsafe it is. "you're going to kill yourself and other road users" is my favourite line. Ive driven a car with NO springs, I actually dailied it for 2 months... Didnt kill anyone, nor myself. Had some fun, destroyed the car mechanically, and not a single fuck was given.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I will no longer comment as logic has been lost
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    LOL... Seriously this is a pointless thread.... It's not that hard to look for a set of second hand lowered springs... Worst case scenario get the springs compressed...or even eBay sleeve setup under 200 delivered from Options Australia.... Cutting is the worst/ no sussy is the worst thing you can do to any car doesn't matter who the car maker is! I have been through 3 setups coilovers all the way.
    Last edited by blabla; 24-01-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    this thread is funny...

its funny cause I know Jumbo springs from "All Springs" are not captive springs.. anhahah u hit a bump and they will fall out as well eheehe..

I reckon if u hit a bump hard enough for the spring to drop sideways, your car will proabably be air born ..

Dont forget u can cut your spinrgs so they still sit captive (you cut the dead coils)
    Last edited by BlitZ; 24-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    For starters, Stanceworks isnt a look.

Cutting a couple of coils off isnt slamming your car either. I love people who cry about cut springs and how unsafe it is. "you're going to kill yourself and other road users" is my favourite line. Ive driven a car with NO springs, I actually dailied it for 2 months... Didnt kill anyone, nor myself. Had some fun, destroyed the car mechanically, and not a single fuck was given.
    All i can say is LOL.... anything to get more low ay

Removing springs, wtffff LOL...... that is a big no no, it compromises handling...

Handling should never be compromised, ever!

Looks are one thing, handling is another, if ur smart u would whats best for ur car......

Theres a reason why ppl dont cut springs..... and if u know whats good for ur cars handling, u wouldnt do it...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Lol at lecturing oxer about suspension and handling.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    this thread is funny...

its funny cause I know Jumbo springs from "All Springs" are not captive springs.. anhahah u hit a bump and they will fall out as well eheehe..

I reckon if u hit a bump hard enough for the spring to drop sideways, your car will proabably be air born ..

Dont forget u can cut your spinrgs so they still sit captive (you cut the dead coils)

How can a spring "fall out" when there is a shock running through the middle of it? wtf is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    All i can say is LOL.... anything to get more low ay

Removing springs, wtffff LOL...... that is a big no no, it compromises handling...

Handling should never be compromised, ever!

Looks are one thing, handling is another, if ur smart u would whats best for ur car......

Theres a reason why ppl dont cut springs..... and if u know whats good for ur cars handling, u wouldnt do it...

Take your e-mechanic knowledge elsewhere, 80% of the time you have no idea what you are talking about, the other 20% is research on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Lol at lecturing oxer about suspension and handling.
    this is ozhonda hahahahahahaha. You remember the car Im talking about right? God that was fun.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    That ed hatch was boss lol. Didn't you put bolts through the spring seats to stop the shocks bottoming out?
    to see all of my build, checkout

nope, shocks were blown when I bought the car haha. Most fun Ive ever had with $200 that car was.
    Problem?

FFamily