Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

DC5 type R to Silvia s15 and lets say im not impressed! maybe to s2000 now

Hey guys i been on these forums for a while, and whether or not ive had a honda i still stay here, well because i find of all forums on the net, regarding cars, this community is by far the most laid back and helpful so +1 for that.

Anyways to my story. Just thought id let you guys know.

I did have a Integra Dc5 Type R for about 2 and half years, well can I say how in love i was, finding it in a rare stock form and working on it week to week and saving(blowing) all my money whilst at uni for silly mods like a spoon gearknob costing over 100.
    But can i say how much i lvoed the car.
    Sad to say, i sold it last year, and bought a Silvia s15 2002 model.
    Ive adored this styling of coupe since i read my first imports magazine in primary school, it truely is a classic.
    Im still on my Green p's for about 2months after me being lazy on my red p's and not starting the two year greens process any sooner, and yet have still been driving my silvia around.

I have to say going from FWD to RWD is fun, the takeoff is sure different and the driving style especially through corners is totally abstract from the honda way.
    I remember going to Robinson pie shops in my integra hitting the rev limiter in 4th or 5th through corners, and the car just beggin to go next gear and go harder, in the silvia i shit myself as i thrash it through corners and the back end goes... all in all a totally different experience.
    But in saying that, i am not as wow'ed as i thought it was going to be. I mean dont give me shit for this but....in all honestly "VTEC ****ING KICKS ASS".
    There isnt a day that goes by that i dont miss my car. I hope its in good hands.

Anyways what im saying once i get off my p's in the comming months im sure going to weigh up a few options.

Underneath my bed i have a Greddy Front mount intercool, Apexi Power FC ecu, apexi intake, a turbosmart EBC, and a full tback exhaust system. And im sure with the bolt on's and tune the car will go pretty well. But im going to go for a bit, and think to myself if its really worth it.

I have driven some cars in my short time, and most well arent really giving me that smile i had on my face when i had my DC5r.

(oh and dont get me started once i serviced my silvia and gave it a bit, i was like its revvving to 5 and half and wanting to changes gears WTFISTHIS SHIT! lol)

but anyways i thought id add some info to the community on my story and maybe can save a couple of souls on the thoughts of departure from Honda, for now, im going to sit back and drive my daily EG civic which inspires the honda within me.
    I'll relax and enjoy the S15 cause it is a beautiful car, but by the end of the year, i might be back on here, with a s2000 saying im not looking back.

Who knows? Im so indecisive with cars

cheers for the time guys.

And happy new year btw!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0009.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	20947  
    GR:33:KI

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Cool.story bro. Serious.

When you have Honda in your blood, an S2000 or NSX is the only cure man..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    If u own a n/a s15 then I can see what ur saying, but a turbo s15 would be hands down more fun, and looks 37337281 times better
    snapping 2nd..

na it is the spec r turbo, so 6speed with the jap spec t28 BB turbo rather than the shitty 200sx parts

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I've driven a jap spec s15 with the intention of selling my dc5r for it. It was stock, and I was underwhelmed. If you work the s15 then yea it will be a better car in terms of speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    cool story bro

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Put the parts in get it tuned and u will have 180kw @ the wheels no problems
    snapping 2nd..

Quote Originally Posted by christofski_dc5 View Post
    in the silvia i shit myself as i thrash it through corners and the back end goes...
    Since it's an ADM S15 (considering little to no mods), I think you would have more trouble controlling an S2000.

Quote Originally Posted by lilthug View Post
    cool story bro
    +1
    life story*

no its not ADM its definately JDM, with a tune ill be seeing anywhere between 190-210RWKWs, trust me however after driving an S2000 the s15 is definately harder to handle around corners, as it boosts mid curve lol

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    you don't get many purist that stick to vtec once they go turbo so it's good to know there are stil some people out there
    However stock for stock the dc5r feels much better then the s2000, the s2000 in stock form feels extremely sluggish and slow. Also the s2000 is a bigger handful around corners then the s15 is, boost around corners is nothing once you get used to it and some oversteer.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

That dc5r! I remember it! Car sales! I wanted it soo bad then it disappeared :/ congrats on the new car, I was thinking the same thing. Sticking to dc5r