Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16

All MOTOR B20 BUILD

HI Guys and Girls I'm in the middle of a B20 build and would really like to see some dyno results and some input from guys that have already done a built version with forged rods and pistons.

Just to add I am also using a sleeved B18c2 block.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    So your using a b18 block with a stroker kit to bump up the extra 200cc?

Example b20b8
    146kw on v1 e85 tune
    Built top to bottom...
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Sounds like it's been sleeved out to a bigger bore size.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    hey no ill be using a b18c block and it will be bored out to 86mm and ill be using a b20 crank, what are your thoughts on this?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    So your using a b18 block with a stroker kit to bump up the extra 200cc?

Example b20b8
    146kw on v1 e85 tune
    Built top to bottom...
    ill be boring the b18c2 block out to 86mm and ill be using a b20 crank

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    good choice on the b18c2 block that way you dont have to engineer the conversion, also will handle high rpm much better then a stock b20 block.
    Last edited by gen2 CRX; 23-01-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    good choice on the b18c2 block that way you dont have to engineer the conversion, also will handle high rpm much better then a stock b20 block.
    what other advantages come from using a sleeved b18c2 block that you know of?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    If your doing a naturally aspirated build there is no need to use forged pistons and rods.. Use the stock b18c crank and rods as the stoke is shorter (more reliable for the high rpm power range of vtec). The b18c also has a girdle which reinforces the main caps causing less stress on the block.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    I can rev to 10,000rpm if its tuned for it, but yet again depends on what your trying to achieve - power or reliability or both..

My b20 is built frm top to bottom... Lots of torque across the entire rpm range!

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    If your doing a naturally aspirated build there is no need to use forged pistons and rods.. Use the stock b18c crank and rods as the stoke is shorter (more reliable for the high rpm power range of vtec). The b18c also has a girdle which reinforces the main caps causing less stress on the block.
    If u have the budget, mite aswell change to stronger rods while its apart and get ARP bolts..

U want a strong motor that will last not a motor that will crack the block apart...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    I can rev to 10,000rpm if its tuned for it, but yet again depends on what your trying to achieve - power or reliability or both..

My b20 is built frm top to bottom... Lots of torque across the entire rpm range!
    I would like a balanced motor, built to withstand a few runs down the strip and Id also like to do a few track days.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    If u have the budget, mite aswell change to stronger rods while its apart and get ARP bolts..

U want a strong motor that will last not a motor that will crack the block apart...
    That's what I had on mind, do it once do it properly I guess, I'll be using Cp 13:1 pistons and Eagle h beam rods.