Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    If your doing a naturally aspirated build there is no need to use forged pistons and rods.. Use the stock b18c crank and rods as the stoke is shorter (more reliable for the high rpm power range of vtec). The b18c also has a girdle which reinforces the main caps causing less stress on the block.
    Can you provide me with 100% proof that the B18c stroke can rev higher than a 89mm or larger stroke engine and make the engine live longer the engine IV73CI has now was turned to 9600+rpm and its still running like the day it was built.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Account Disabled Array
    Looks like you'll be spending at least 15-20k on just motor and bolt-ons

With that kind of budget, put it towards a built K-series. You'll be running rings around the B20vtec

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by CIV16A View Post
    I dont think BYP have ever BUILT a B20 they where using Daves engines
    Yeah your right. Cause i dont recommend a highly built B20 to anyone. Most people jump straight over to K-series. Unless your a die-hard B-series fans, please do more research

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    Can you provide me with 100% proof that the B18c stroke can rev higher than a 89mm or larger stroke engine and make the engine live longer the engine IV73CI has now was turned to 9600+rpm and its still running like the day it was built.
    Can you provide me with 100% proof that it will live just as long or longer then a 87mm stroke engine? I have no doubt that if his engine is well built it runs like the day it was built.. Stock vs stock the b18c is more reliable for vtec.. Honda de-stroked for a reason.
    Last edited by gen2 CRX; 23-01-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    hahahah nice one

So what kind of power are you making with that setup and has it given you any troubles, would you say it's reliable?
    it is reliable ..i use it as my daily ..no problems yet.. seems stable and goes strong as you put your foot down!

I dont think BYP have ever BUILT a B20 they where using Daves engines
    yeh tru but they were exposed to alot of DD expertise and advise during the build & run in etc.. (correct me if im wrong)
    Last edited by IV73CI; 23-01-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    Aw shiett the Honda Mafia has entered the room ... lol

She still runs like it just had a rebuild done ... apart from all the rattles in the car due to the Hasports mounts ..she is fairly quite and screams when you push it..

i like tities

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Looks like you'll be spending at least 15-20k on just motor and bolt-ons

With that kind of budget, put it towards a built K-series. You'll be running rings around the B20vtec
    **** benny i want a k series now ..u let me down homie! LOL ahha jkz..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    what lap times would your EG be doing if you spent the same money on gear ratio's, wheels/tires and aero upgrades that you have on your K powered eg?

YES i would have gone K and will do down the track but with the offer that has been made for this engine gearbox deal you could not even do a STD K24 swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    Can you provide me with 100% proof that it will live just as long or longer then a 87mm stroke engine? I have no doubt that if his engine is well built it runs like the day it was built.. Stock vs stock the b18c is more reliable for vtec.. Honda de-stroked for a reason.
    The only thing the B18c has as an advantage is the girdle I have a B18aVtec race engine your more than welcome to come and pull it apart after 4 years of IPRA racing countless trackdays
    this has the same oil pressure as the day it was built.What I have seen an understand your point of view in STD from yes I would say you are right but built as a race engine with different clearences and balanced correctly its a different story.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Account Disabled Array
    what lap times would your EG be doing if you spent the same money on gear ratio's, wheels/tires and aero upgrades that you have on your K powered eg?

YES i would have gone K and will do down the track but with the offer that has been made for this engine gearbox deal you could not even do a STD K24 swap.
    No where near the K- powered EG. There is alot of variable you need to take in account. Our latest built car doing 1:03.0 around Wakefield with a K24 naturally aspirated says it all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    Ok not to be rude but can we drop the b vs k stuff, i posted this thread to gain more knowledge and information on building a b20 thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    ^^^back to OP,

B20vtec if built right = reliable, torquey, goes vtakk hard! Lol

B18c stroked to 2.0L = reliable, goes vtakk hard, clears defects.. Hehe

Fck defects, if u dont drive like a hoon on the streets and have engineers u shouldnt have any issues.

Just make sure you build your motor to the specs its going to last you and be reliable all rounder.

Its like putting a horse in the boot of a car.. If it doesnt fit or the space is maxed out - just dont push it any harder. Coz if u do, you will weaken the walls of the engine block.

Example: a dy16y4 1.6L motor was built from bottom to top for turbo spec, stroked to 1.7L for reliability and to make the engine last. Stroking to 1.8L was going to be unreliable due to watever reasons at the time. Get my drift/vtakk yo? Lol

Thats my two cents for this post..

Also.. Since this is a b18 block stroking for a B20 build then the title should be B18 strOked to 2.0L vtec build. Heheeh
    Last edited by IV73CI; 23-01-2012 at 09:45 PM.