Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Hatch B16
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    ^^^back to OP,

B20vtec if built right = reliable, torquey, goes vtakk hard! Lol

B18c stroked to 2.0L = reliable, goes vtakk hard, clears defects.. Hehe

Fck defects, if u dont drive like a hoon on the streets and have engineers u shouldnt have any issues.

Just make sure you build your motor to the specs its going to last you and be reliable all rounder.

Its like putting a horse in the boot of a car.. If it doesnt fit or the space is maxed out - just dont push it any harder. Coz if u do, you will weaken the walls of the engine block.

Example: a dy16y4 1.6L motor was built from bottom to top for turbo spec, stroked to 1.7L for reliability and to make the engine last. Stroking to 1.8L was going to be unreliable due to watever reasons at the time. Get my drift/vtakk yo? Lol

Thats my two cents for this post..

Also.. Since this is a b18 block stroking for a B20 build then the title should be B18 strOked to 2.0L vtec build. Heheeh
    Cheers mate thanks for the information

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    As Adrian said, why a 86mm, its a 1 life block then, go 85mm, at 1 mm, the power difference would be not that much in capacity lost and then you have 3 builds from the block sleeving you have just forked out for. I have some parts that would probably suit your build, so if your still looking for bits, PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    ive got a b18 sleeved and bored to 84mm revs to 8500 made 150.5kwatw on e85 run in tune (ran out of air need itbs)

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by bregs View Post
    ive got a b18 sleeved and bored to 84mm revs to 8500 made 150.5kwatw on e85 run in tune (ran out of air need itbs)
    Dats some nice figures man..

Mine made 155fwkw with dodgy test cai pipe. Lol.. And a cracked sleeve.. Lol
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    Dats some nice figures man..

Mine made 155fwkw with dodgy test cai pipe. Lol.. And a cracked sleeve.. Lol

now that's nice figures!

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    now that's nice figures!
    Thnx bruz,

Shame i cbf rebuilding her..

Decided to go a diff path.. So i hope i can get close figures to it.

Oh she was a b20vtec all motor build. Ex track/drag car..Which previously made over 160+fwkw ..

Wish i had more life out of her.. All it needs is another block.., balancing and other bits here and there then shell be back in the road..

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    save time ahaha buy mine

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    save time ahaha buy mine
    Would be nice..

But im staying away from franks or built motors..

how is this reliable if it cracked a sleeve?..build b20 with a stock block isnt reliable...seen so many with my own eyes
    my lsvtec motor made 152 on pump gas with skunk2 intake manifold cam setting at 0deg, couldnt be bothered to play with the cam setting as the car was sold....this was done on bels dyno which every 1 knows its a low reading dyno.
    we will see what it really makes once i get back into racing this motor is sitting in my shed all packed away.
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

subscribed.

I like b20's

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    STD sleeve B20's are fine as long as there tuned by someone with engine building knowledge that understands what cracks the sleeves my own 13 to 1 comp B20 15,000klms on the road with 5 track days I have now sold it and its fitted to a friends EK.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows