Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4

Clear Indicator DIY - Easy As

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Hey all,

Here is a quick guide to installing clear indicators. I did this on my DC4 Integra but i imagine many Honda's would be the same. It's quite easy but ive heard some ppl dont know how, so here goes.

The Indicators were supplied by Trav from Underground imports and were delivered in tip top condition so i highly recommend him if u want some. They can be found here if you want more info: Underground Imports- Clear Indicators

Tools u need

Flathead Screwdriver
    Stanley Knife

STEP 1

First thing i did was gently with the screwdriver (careful not to damage the paint) wedge out the old indicator. There is a gap on one side for this to be done. I also used a rag over the end of the screwdriver (so i didnt scatch the paint) to get the indicator which came out easily.

STEP 2
    Once the indicator popped out, there is a little catch which you need to push in and pull to separate the indicator from the clip as shown below. When unclipping the old indicator dont let the wires drop back into the side of the car or you may not find it again...

Now for the newie....

STEP 3
    All you need to do now is clip in the new indie to the clip as it’s a direct fit(No wiring or soldering Needed- sweet) and check that it works before fully pushing back into the side panel. You may want to clean up the area like i did with a bit of polish as the paint shows some built up dirt.

One small Hitch - Before I pushed it back in there was a little plastic knob which I needed to cut off to fit snuggly as shown in the pic above

Maybe this just needs to be done on DC tegs but assess the situation and try to fit the indicator first. I just cut it off with a Stanley knife and it fits sweet.

One thing u may want to do and i might also do in the next couple of days is use some selleys all clear or similar around the edge of the indicators so no water leak gets in there.. Up to u tho..

So here is the finished product;

BEFORE

AFTER

AND ONE OTHER PIC

So for less than $50 I reckon its one of the best value for money mods you can do for the look of your car. It makes for a much smoother looking line on the side of the car and on the teg matches the front bar indicator.

Hopefully this helps guys,

Adam

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    that looks great adam, white cars need these IMO.

excellent write up, u beat me to it dammit.
    write up some other ones too
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    very schmick indeeed
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Nice work indeed!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

sweet write up! pics dont work though :P

i am getting clear indicators done in a few days, would love 2 have pics as an guide!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by FlavzzTEGRA View Post
    [B]Disclaimer: The following is provided as a

So for less than $50 I reckon its one of the best value for money mods you can do for the look of your car. I

Adam
    a set of clear indicators r like 30bux neway
    but i wana see pics!
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    i was just thinking about these today and looked for a diy to see how easy it was.

good write up might haev to get a pair

p.s pictures dont work
    Last edited by nugget666; 03-01-2007 at 01:26 PM.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

lol the title is slightly misleading, i thought it was how to clear your stock indicators
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    heyy modss can we have a repost the pics in this DIY plzzz
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

its realy really really easy to do. try it out first.

Pics???? not working yo

Quote Originally Posted by A'PEXi View Post
    lol the title is slightly misleading, i thought it was how to clear your stock indicators

I dont think thats possible dude??? lol

But yeah good writup, it really is a sinch. When I got mine delivered from ebay I put em in there and then in the shopping mall carpark after picken em up. Really quick and easy, though my hands got pretty dirty coz the back of the stockes were covered in crap.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.