Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    To save confusion, when you're referring to the stock style of suspension, ie non adjustable coilovers, just call them suspension, or 'shock and spring combo' because the term coilover is used almost exclusively to describe adjustable suspension.

So if you are talking about simply replacing the spring on your stock shocks for a lowered one, no this is not illegal.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    To save confusion, when you're referring to the stock style of suspension, ie non adjustable coilovers, just call them suspension, or 'shock and spring combo' because the term coilover is used almost exclusively to describe adjustable suspension.

So if you are talking about simply replacing the spring on your stock shocks for a lowered one, no this is not illegal.
    Ok, Yea, I just want my ride 2" lower or so, and I want legal first then handling second.
    So if new springs are legal I might go down that route

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra
    wow this thread..

get the coilovers, don't lower your car under 100mm. you will be fine unless you meet Sgt.prickface, then you may be required to have them looked at for an engineers cert.
    even then.. pos ebay coilovers made in chinese toy factorys get certified easily enough...
    your in brisbane mate, unless your blowing smoke, too low, too loud or ging to fast... everythings fine
    Lunchbox Racing ftw.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4shizz View Post
    wow this thread..

get the coilovers, don't lower your car under 100mm. you will be fine unless you meet Sgt.prickface, then you may be required to have them looked at for an engineers cert.
    even then.. pos ebay coilovers made in chinese toy factorys get certified easily enough...
    your in brisbane mate, unless your blowing smoke, too low, too loud or ging to fast... everythings fine

More the point of insurance, dont want to get into a situation where some prick of an assesor decides they're illegal and I don't get cover.

Quote Originally Posted by mattatnoosa View Post
    More the point of insurance, dont want to get into a situation where some prick of an assesor decides they're illegal and I don't get cover.
    If you haven't insured it already, you will be asked if it's been modified (if you have, then you've already been asked, said no, and any mods will be a reason to deny your cover)

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    If you haven't insured it already, you will be asked if it's been modified (if you have, then you've already been asked, said no, and any mods will be a reason to deny your cover)
    Which is why you call up and add mods to your policy..

Quote Originally Posted by mattatnoosa View Post
    Which is why you call up and add mods to your policy..
    Eggsaccly. (so long as you know)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Isn't the tien super streets supplied by fulcrum the only legal ones not the overseas ones?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yessir
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    yessir

I can't see SS for s2000 on their website..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    You want this kit COMFORT SPORT - GSH64-K1SS3

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    eh what isnt illegal
    if insurance is told you have coilovers, then no big deal.

cops arent going to know..