Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9
    Would be nice to upgrade the headunit...wouldn't mind being able to browse through songs easier...but cbf all the work atm....way too much going on to afford the time....just going to get something temporary for now so I don't go crazy listening to the radio and the same CDs on repeat. Thanks heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    In that case just a xcarlink will be sufficient.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    If you do decide to get an aftermarket headunit. I would stick to single din (as said before, much better value for money. Double din tends to be mainly wank factor, unless you want dvd..) and get a fascia kit.

What single din you want is up to you. If you plan to put amps and stuff in eventually, get one with at least 2 pre-outs.. if not, 1 pre-out will suffice. And usb and aux depending on what you want...

But anyway, for now, they aux kit will be fine. Go with that

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9
    thanks heaps everyone

Yes I would say to upgrade the headunit, it'll work out much better in the long run

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    you can get double dins without screens and dvd player, kenwood and jvc both have a couple models about and price starts from like 249rrp
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Hey guys if its not too late ill put my 2 cents in
    I purchased a cheap ebay version of a dvd player works great powers my sub amp rear and front speakers perfectly. ( all soundstream btw nothing cheap there)
    check out the photos

http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii555/kural7/

hope the link works first time trying to share photos

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    No. Do not buy ebay grade dvd players.. they are shiiiite. They break very easily. Save yourself the money, and buy something proper. Those ebay players don't work very well at all..

ive had this one for over 8 months not a single problem and i had one in my old car for over a year no problem. just treat the thing with respect don't abuse it and they come with a year warranty. it cost me 170 bux if it breaks its still cheaper to buy 4 more of these as oposed to a branded one. all comes down to personal preference. and ofcourse... your budget. i blew all my money on sub amp speakers and cai

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    I've heard lots of stories about them breaking.. and that their 'features' don't work... Personally wouldn't go near one...

well im talking from experience first hand not some bogus story someone told someone that told someone.
    the high end brands (IMO) make up that stuff to sell their overpriced units.
    but thats only my opinion you could be right they could be cheap knock offs but walks perfectly for me and that's why i'm arguing for them.
    once again this is just my 2 cents opinions always differ.