Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Update

So have saved up and got back on the dyno

I have made some changes to my set up
    I have removed the buddy club rear muffler and installed a 2.5 inch muffler
    installed new superchargewr pulley
    increased the water meth injection with .7 sized nozzel

these changes have netted this increase

My graph is very smoth compared to many other graphs i have seen on oz honda. someone may know why other graphes are so lumpy
    Last edited by Dart; 26-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    damn thats one smoth graph there
    so nice!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Yeah looks like she pulls hard, love the low down torque you got there !

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    I'm still questioning this, I don't understand why on 7 psi I'm making very similar power levels on a stock b18c.... And your running how many psi? I believe your cams are way oversized. Not being a troll. Just curious?
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    its very hard to know what is causing what.

changing one thing at a time is the only way to check for real gains. but changing one thing at a time then retuning for a few hours costs wayyy to much. wish i had my own dyno :P

looks fun :P enjoy it!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    too true... gl with it, i need to get re-dynod, i always wondered y i could never hear my supercharger... found out y... the belt was never on properly... so now it makes full boost :P... and full noise :P haha will update my thread when i re-dyno

If I remember the correct info , I think it was the Hasport crx used these cams to increase there super chareged power levels..

I do think I need to decrease the over lap as it loses a lot of boost on the high cam.. Could prob get back 2 psi , really need to try. Not sure how much kw that would equat to.

Not sure about a few things cause a standard 116kw engine gaining 60 kw from 7 psi is an additional 50 percent gain is an increadable gain
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    i was amazed aswell the bolt on power was incredible !!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM CF4 Accord
    I beleive that if you decrease your overlap then you will get your boost back, those cams are fairly large for boost. If you try 2deg advance on your exhaust and 2deg retard on your intake you will start seeing gains everywhere. Just make sure you reset your dizzy when changing cam position. Also be sure to whined it over by hand after changing your cam position to check for valve 2 valve clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by blwncr View Post
    I beleive that if you decrease your overlap then you will get your boost back, those cams are fairly large for boost. If you try 2deg advance on your exhaust and 2deg retard on your intake you will start seeing gains everywhere. Just make sure you reset your dizzy when changing cam position. Also be sure to whined it over by hand after changing your cam position to check for valve 2 valve clearance.
    Closing the exhaust early will stop boost going out and retarding intake will allow more boost in .. Basically I think that's right.
    Even with semi slicks this torque rips it up...

On another note I disconnected my cai and made no power increase so all the talk of Sri no good in my case
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    I'm still questioning this, I don't understand why on 7 psi I'm making very similar power levels on a stock b18c.... And your running how many psi? I believe your cams are way oversized. Not being a troll. Just curious?
    I think for many reasons. Firstly you have a Type R head, hand ported and polished from Honda, this means your two heads will have different flow characteristics.

Secondly, it could also depend on the efficiency of the supercharger. Just increasing boost doesn't necessarily mean more power will be made, it may be flowing air more than the screws of the JRSC is capable of using efficiently...

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    any updates ?
    have you ported the SC yet as it will make a huge diffrence to power and heat
    Im on a poor tune @151kw atm
    there are lots of mods you still havent mentioned if done or not
    HCCM #13