Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    But the cyl head guys think they need to flow as much or more than the intake its supercharged,how many times have we talked about this even posted up telling people to be very careful who does there cyl heads for them make sure they know how a Vtec Honda engine works.
    Like a broken record, lol...
    I guess a quick test would be to swap headers.
    If nothing happens, the ports are too big.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

One idea I'm leaning towards is the water injection. On my last engine b20 supercharged made160kw and then added water injection and re tuned could only get back to 150kw . Though i may gain some kw by reducing the water but at the track where temp will be up I my lose due to the high intake temps.
    Pin It To Win It

is it an idea to change the ignition system, remove the distributor ( insert AEM) and use K series coil on plug set up . Or is this not right and I should still be looking at current parts for issue
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Don't throw more money at it until you can work out what is failing you at this point in time
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Don't throw more money at it until you can work out what is failing you at this point in time
    I am booking it in for a dyno tune with no water and also run it up with 50/50 water methanl mix and change nozzle sizes and see what happens. i will know where i am at then....
    Pin It To Win It

Update
    Buddy club exhaust is shit. Shone a light up the exhaust and found a 1 inch Pipe.... This is how much the exhaust tapered down to inside the muffler. Crazy
    Added methanol to water 50/50 mix made no difference to power, tried all nozzle sizes still no power to be gained from that .. Though the exhaust was prob hurting the figures.

So I have removed the buddy club muffler and installed a 2.5 in muffler
    Getting the super charger serviced .. Been racing for a few years so prob need it.

Looks like I need the cams dialed in better.. So once I get the supercharger back I will have to find the limits of the cams ( valve to valve clearance) before I start moving them..
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    i dont recall many people at all with decent supercharger results. i know that small cams are preferable.

stock valve size would be to avoid valves hitting eachother at overlap when dialled in correctly.

exhaust side of the head is probably the last place you want to port. you know that the air is forced out of there right? so much smaller ports are fine as the engine just pushes the air out and the more velocity the better so the next cylinder that fires can use the momentum and sucking action of the previous pulse to pull the gasses out of the cylinder.

did you know endyn actually decreases valve size in some of there crazy engines? porting is one of the last areas to look for power in forced induction.

what are your intake temps like?

i would suspect you are blowing alot of air out of your exhaust. can u smell unburnt fuel when its on the dyno and the air fuel ratios look fine? i think that is a sign of all the good stuff going out the exhaust.

take what i say with a grain of salt. i say 'i think' alot lol

good luck, i hope you get it sorted and have a beast when your done!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholzey View Post
    i dont recall many people at all with decent supercharger results.
    i thought my results were fantastic 170kw? stock b18cr. on 7psi.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    i thought my results were fantastic 170kw? stock b18cr. on 7psi.
    Is that a Toda tune??? 170 Kw with supercharger torque would be great to drive
    Pin It To Win It

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Higher CR usually yields more power but also more lag with a turbo,
    incorrect.

Low comp is what lag is.

low comp = low power waiting for the boost to kick in.

stock comp = zero lag.
    Last edited by Bludger; 25-02-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    low compression lowers your power till you have boost.

the turbo will come in at the same time as the same amount of gas is passing out the back, but the car will be accelerating harder with higher compression ratio.

so off boost is less power. but higher boost can be had becuse you will end up with the same pressure in the cylinder when high comp low boost and low comp high boost. they will both reach detonation at the same cylinder pressures.

which is why the whole engines setup and use needs to be taken into consideration when planning a build.

oh, when i said decent. i meant, your would look at your results and go wow! thats impressive! i mean when full built setups make the same as a stock motor, thats not that great. although a built motor will last alot longer through poor tuning.
    Last edited by Scholzey; 26-02-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    built motor will last alot longer through poor tuning.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre