Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Just remember, if you're letting your car warm up by ideling for 20 minutes, that means only the engine will be warmed up. Gearbox/diff need time to warm up as well.

Another thing to consider re your oil consumption is you PCV.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Just remember, if you're letting your car warm up by ideling for 20 minutes, that means only the engine will be warmed up. Gearbox/diff need time to warm up as well.

thanks man! yeah I understand this, and the pcv valve is new
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post

20 mins of idling could use the same fuel as 10 mins of normal traffic driving. Do that 10 times a week and that's like 40-50kms off the range of a tank.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    20 mins of idling could use the same fuel as 10 mins of normal traffic driving. Do that 10 times a week and that's like 40-50kms off the range of a tank.
    I think this warming up business needs to be in a different thread.. lol
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

U are right , by gosh !

Back on topic.

Have you considered a leak down test to find exactly where there is , if at all there is a compression leak ?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I did think about that but I dont have the equipment to perform one.

although after talking to adrian I think it should be fine, I think it's just the valve guides that have wear on them. so once I do the rebuild it should improve.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015