Thread: Pivot Tacho

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b

Pivot Tacho

I recently bought a Pivot tacho for my car. The car is a 99 civic gli manual sohc non vtec. The car doesnt have a tachometer which made me buy one. Now i am thinking of installing it myself if it considered easy. I am pretty good with electrics and stuff did my car stereo changed fuses and what not basic stuff. Is it easy? Can someone just give me some ideas of where stuff needs to go. There are 4 wires coming from the back a black one (which is ground i think), red(power i think), orange (unsure of) and white (unsure of). THere how ever is 1 other chord which are in a packet which i am unsure of what it is used for it is red at 1 end then there is like a black plastic and then it goes white out the other end it is only 15 cm long? is it the fuse? i took some photos to show what is it. Will there be any problems arising from my cpu because i dont have a tacho or should everything be alright? please help as i want the expierence and save the money.

Last edited by 02ZZI; 24-02-2005 at 06:45 PM.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    didnt u get instructions with it?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b
    yeah i forgot to the mention all the instructions are in jap

how come a gli doesnt have tacho?

my friend had a gli and had to install a tacho exactly like that one its got many colours =)

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b
    i dunno i cant remmember if mine is gli or cxi i took the sticker off when i got it. Either way it doesnt have a tachometer stock.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    i think only cxi that doesnt have a tacho

i recently intstalled a monster tacho in my civic aswell..
    its pretty basic stuff,
    if you can wire up your stereo you should be able to wire the tacho with ease..
    jus pm me for details if you need help..