Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R

cost to install these parts?

okay so I was just wondering how much it would cost to install these parts
    I live in VIC, melb so if anyone knows any place cheap
    I got a panel beater friend who can do it but I don't like to bother him cause he won't charge me and then I just feel bad for taking up his time.

1. AEM Cold air intake (I think I can do this myself)
    2. N1 Style Catback Exhaust + Header OR DC Sports header
    3. SKUNK2 Pro Intake Manifold
    4. JDM altezza rear lights
    5. Orgin Throttle Body
    6. JDM Projector halo headlights

This is for a 5th gen Prelude VTI-R

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Do it yourself they are all just bolt ons the only one that may be hard is the cutback due to the bolts on the cat being seized

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I agree with above ^

Just get an exhaust shop to do the whole exhaust in one go.

Intake is easy.

TB/IM shouldn't be hard as long as you make sure you reconnect any wires/sensors/hoses etc, just that the rear IM bolts are a PITA to get to.

Lights not so bad, also just a PITA getting to mounting bolts on the front. Removing bumper makes it easier.

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    LOL I'm a noob, I've just got my car recently and I have no experience on car besides doing work experience at the panel beating shop sanding cars all day.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    do your research, take your time and learn. thats the fun about it. any problems ask on the forums...

as for the price, pick up the phone and get quotes...
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    get the workshop manual for your car http://www.hondatech.com.au/links/index.php and DIY, its much more fun and rewarding installing parts yourself. Dont waste your money getting someone else to install easy bolt on mods

If this panelbeater friend is a good mate of yours you'll probably find he won't mind at all giving you a hand and advising you if you tell him you want to learn how. Tools will be your main problem 'cause you can't do these things with just a screwdriver and adjustable wrench. We all started as noobs, you just need to give it a go.

IM/TB ill leave it for someone who knows what there doing, don't get me wrong, u could probably do it with some research but yeah that's up to u, lights,cai and exhaust is pretty straight forward.

I've been quoted 400 for im,tb and cai installed. This includes im being bore out to fit the 70mm tb. Iduno if u have to do this as mine is for b18c2.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I suggest you DIY. Best way to learn is to do. The order you should do it in:

-Manifold, TB, Intake
    -The rest.

Since when you pull off the TB you need to take the intake off as well. Manifold usually a good idea to go off first too.

Just have a look around read some articles on doing intakes since they're easy ways to start out in modding.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic em1
    I agree with everybody else. diy it. ozhonda diy section n even hondatech can point u in the right direction. but yea especially cai, it's easy once u start it. n if u get stuck I'm sure a lot of the guys on here will help u. they helped me many times before. goodluck...
    Last edited by m3ntAL_l2; 30-01-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Ring around and get the best qoute. Closed