Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5

What will I notice with a CAI?

Thinking about doing some work on my car, would I notice any changes if I added a Injen Cold Air Intake system? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    They're like a breath of fresh air that'll get your engine pumping and roaring.

You'll discover unlocked horsepower, torque and even fuel economy while getting that sportcar sound..

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    They're like a breath of fresh air that'll get your engine pumping and roaring.

You'll discover unlocked horsepower, torque and even fuel economy while getting that sportcar sound..
    So definitely worth investing in? How does it make fuel more economic? Thanks for the reply!

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Youre getting colder/denser air making a better combustion so the engine doesnt work as hard pulling the same load

Worse fuel economy*

you're gonna vtec 10x as much for da induction roar
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    WITH a Cai, you will notice that the car will have a deeper tone while accelerating. This is because the CAI is sucking in much more air.

You will also notice that the car is more responsive.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    do it.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Thanks for the replies! This will be the first mod I've done to my DC5 Will the Injen Cold Air Intake system be my best option? I checked it out on a few Acura RSX sites (same as the Integra DC5) and it seems to have a great reputation.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Thanks for the replies! This will be the first mod I've done to my DC5 Will the Injen Cold Air Intake system be my best option? I checked it out on a few Acura RSX sites (same as the Integra DC5) and it seems to have a great reputation.
    yeah, injen is quality

there's one for sale in the for sale section right now
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    I'll just have to check it out Thanks again guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJDM. View Post
    WITH a Cai, you will notice that the car will have a deeper tone while accelerating. This is because the CAI is sucking in much more air.

You will also notice that the car is more responsive.
    This was exactly what I noticed. Supposedly they boost fuel economy, but I haven't noticed much of a change if any at all. Especially since you are always tempted to let it rev high to hear that naice induction sound yo

Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Thinking about doing some work on my car, would I notice any changes if I added a Injen Cold Air Intake system? Thanks
    increased risk of hydrolocking your motor over normal intake. Get a comptech icebox and save yourself some $$. $500 for an intake is a joke. Put it towards a mod you will actually get noticeable performance increase....ie: H/E

info:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...omptech-Icebox
    Last edited by infurNOS; 30-01-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    EG