LOL ..

i must be old skool then ..

been using KMACs on all my old NA cars and never had any problems ... heheh

oh wells ...peoples opinions are all different i guess
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ppl find springs are bouncy because they use them with the stock shocks. When you use lowered springs, it brings the shock travel much lower and out of the normal operation range. Hence there is very little damping and you get a bouncy feeling which is not good. You also end up damaging the seals, so you will find oil on your suspension in a few months and ZERO damping.

To use lowered springs properly, you need to get shocks which operate in the correct height range. Then you will have a car that feels as good as stock.

Coilovers tend to have much higher spring rates (since most of them claim to be for racing). The dampers are also tuned to match the higher spring rates, so you find them stiff and overdamped. Hence they are uncomfortable when you go over irregularities on the road.

Best choice would be lowered springs + shocks but they will cost the same or more than those cheap coilovers like BC (Bor Chap I assume).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I got bc racing for my euro and there were fine for dd.

Reason i didn't get shocks was the massive price they are in Australia and didn't want to get overseas due to wanting a warranty.

Its personal preference but you can't just get springs you need shocks that can handle the drop. For example ky go 30mm higher or lower then stock.

He only wants to drop an inch on a budget, i say springs on stock shocks will do. Cheap and shocks won't die straight away. I had a 2 inch drop on stock shocks, they held up for nearly a year before i sold car. Still good condition and this was an old car not an 03 DC5
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    who cares about handling. chopped stockies on stock dampers ftw. srs

notsrs

An inch isnt very much in the grand scheme of things. i dunno if any companies make them for the DC5, but if i was just gonna drop an inch, and didnt wanna sacrifice ride comfort and didnt want to buy coilovers, id just buy ground control extended top hats.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Found some King Springs (LOWS = 30MM LOWER) looking at about $270 .. sure as hell beats $1200-$1500 for lowering my daily ride, no?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    $270 installed?

But as was said earlier, that's $270 + faster shock wear.

But it's up to you. You could shop around and see if you can find some relatively soft coilovers, whereas some companies like Fulcrum can take your standard shocks and convert them to height-adjustable coilovers for you (probably expensive though, but worth checking).

I have coilovers on my DD and my weekend car (Bilstein for EG6). Yeah it's bumpy as hell, and at first it might make you feel a little sick if you just ate, you hate driving longer distances, you have to avoid as many potholes as possible (which you should do anyway), drive slowly over speed bumps (which you should do anyway) and every single back seat passenger f'ing hates you, but after a while you get used to it and you love it more every time you take a corner with just a little more spirit than you would have with your pussy soft springs

Stiff coilovers + low is f'ing sick IMO. It's a lifestyle braaa

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Found some King Springs (LOWS = 30MM LOWER) looking at about $270 .. sure as hell beats $1200-$1500 for lowering my daily ride, no?

do it
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    I can't go too low $270 not installed, would have to find somewhere to do it unfortunately.

Don't pay 270... look for 2nd hand. No higher than 150
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    You spent a min of 15k on your car why cheap out now. Get springs if you want but atleast buy some kyb shocks

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5