Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I had kings on my car when I bought it nearly 2 years ago. I came to hate them so much I bought coilovers within 2 weeks of ownership.

If you like the way a boat feels when turning then kings and stock shocks are for you!

:P

I agree with shock and spring combo, whiteline springs are also very nice.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 CD Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    you guys should have bought lancers.

coilovers all the way

brb adjust to any height you want
    brb adjust from soft to hard damper, choose the right coilovers and you can have the ride only slightly firmer then stock on softest settings
    brb you can just part them out when you sell the car
    brb would rather have coilovers with no engine mods over ghetto ass king spring and 1kw gaining intake

if you drive your car even slighty enthusiasticly around twisties, go with coilovers.

imo anyway.
    Fully adjustable coilovers you cant go wrong.
    Springs are got cheap ass's

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 CD Accord
    oh and if they are "too ruff or stiff"
    obviously havent didnt know how to adjust the stiffness properly on the coilovers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Personally, get coils with lower spring rates.
    Going in a straight line is boring.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Gab coilovers ppl best for daily.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    But $1200 So all in all, whats the difference between springs vs coilovers? There are a heap of drivers that just replace the springs to lower their car so thats what makes me think it can't be TOO bad?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Gab coilovers ppl best for daily.
    yeah, i've driven a dc2 with GAB's on there softest settings. very comfortable, not harsh at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    But $1200 So all in all, whats the difference between springs vs coilovers? There are a heap of drivers that just replace the springs to lower their car so thats what makes me think it can't be TOO bad?
    have read the replies to this thread????

if you care about performance in the slightest, get coilovers! you can always sell them later on when you want to sell the car, you'll recoup a decent bit of it back.

Do it once, do it right!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    There are a heap of drivers that just replace the springs to lower their car so thats what makes me think it can't be TOO bad?
    maybe they do it because it's cheaper right then and there, or they dont like corners, or their friends told them to? haha

or they are only lowering less then an inch?

as stated before, lowering springs are ok if you get a good set and at least eventually get shocks to match.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    i'd go for coilovers if you concerned about the performance and thinking about dropping to different heights
    i'd go springs if your on a budget and not to concerned about performance

if your going to invest into some coilovers

you should also consider investing into inverted tie rods if you want to decent handling when you go loww
    cos dc5's have poor handling when you lower it

personally i'd go for coilovers b/c there's adjuctable settings such as height and stiffness

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    maybe they do it because it's cheaper right then and there, or they dont like corners, or their friends told them to? haha

or they are only lowering less then an inch?

as stated before, lowering springs are ok if you get a good set and at least eventually get shocks to match.
    Yeah my brother went with King Springs on his DC. They didn't last long. Ended up getting Cusco Comp S coilovers lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Ended up getting Cusco Comp S coilovers lol
    ooft.

-ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    ooft.

Yeah. Used but mint for $700, jdm style. All my coils are used and holding up well for now. Comp S is 8kg/6kg I believe so comfortable enough for DD IMO.