Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    doesnt matter what the ECU is, its the chip that gived the ECU the engine Identity and functionality as long as the ECU has been prepaired correctly.

If you have a CHIP tuned in the US or EU I wouldnt expect it to work the best here. If the Chip is in a socket then yes your ECU is tunable.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Open up the ECU and see if you can see the ROM chip. if its removable, then u can upgrade the chip to a S200 socketed.

otherwise - get an OEM (non modified rom chip) and put it back in, then install a S300 kit onto your ECU ..

fcuck that superchip off and hondata ftw!
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    PM ECU-MAN and ask if he can sort you out with an AUS P30 programmed chip then throw that superchip thing in the bin.

the stock ECU programs are quite good for i/h/e mods.. you will get MORE power with a good tuner and a programable ECU but these ECU's arent bad on their own. He who bags a VAFC has obviously never used one - they are quite good for what they are - again they are not as good as a full stand-alone ECU but bang-per-buck i've seen 15-20WHP gains on stock EK4 that just had a pod filter and cat back.

FYi:

OBD-0 JDM B16A gen1 ECU: (cant remember the code) VTEC 4800 revcut ~8200. (VTEC here already ? you're early, dinner still in the oven)
    OBD-1 JDM B16A gen2 ECU: P30-J00xxxx VTEC 5800 revcut ~8400 (where the hell is VTEC? hello ?? BRAAP ohh there it is)
    OBD-1 AUS B16A2 ECU: P30-G00xxxx VTEC 5500 revcut ~8200

MODS: can we add a sticky to the technical section that says "Accept the fact that a stand-alone programable ECU is always going to have more potential to make power over a piggy-back ECU or stock ECU... if you have a competant tuner at your disposal"

perhaps this would help not having to have the same posts and arguments each time anyone asks a question about ECU's LOL.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    so.... you mean this Superchip has been installed and has downgraded the power and response of my car? So standard ecu will be better off?
    What's a Hondata s300 insatlled and tuned going to cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondaless :(
    Quote Originally Posted by seancrx9 View Post
    so.... you mean this Superchip has been installed and has downgraded the power and response of my car? So standard ecu will be better off?
    500 ish for the s300, 50-100 to install it, $150-200/hr to tune it. Best to install heaps of mods and tune it once rather than adding and tuning and adding and tuning etc
    b series vtec goes up to 11...

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Dude ..

The price you quote is maybe a 2nd hand item and the tuning for that price is only a top up tune.

S300 new =800-1100 with ecu/s300 onboard.

Full tune = 400+

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by seancrx9 View Post
    yes possibly the tune of your superchip could be degrading your performance. To prove it you would have to go to a Dyno Day and do two runs, 1 with the SuperChip and another with a stock ROM.

you can simply remove the SuperChip chip and insert a stock ROM.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    ^^ what he said.

RUN1 = Supacrap Chip
    RUN2 = OEM Chip

OR borrow someones P30 ECU and do the 2nd run using that ecu and see what the power differences are.

Power runs are generally around 60-80 depends on whos running the show!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    lol....!

Thanks guys for great information. This thread helped me identify that I had a chip in the car that I didn't even realise even though it
    might even be supcrap! bahaha....
    To be honest. It drives excellent and pulls really hard. @5000rpm and keeps going to 8000rpm
    Definately need to do a dyno run.
    Still love my D series ZC in my gen2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    the chip might be OK, it might be really good.. but as it's unknown and from a generic brand that deals with everything from Diesel Landcruisers to Fiats, i would have little faith in it.

I am surprised nobody out there has done an ECU comparo in a climate controlled dyno booth.. same car, same conditions, same mods.. only difference is different ECU's.. 3 runs per ecu averaged out.. a stock AUS P30 versus a JDM P30 versus sPoon N1 versus Mugen N1 etc.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    I have done such a test,

stock AUDM ECU v JDM ECU the JDM ecu had +3KW at the wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    I have done such a test,

stock AUDM ECU v JDM ECU the JDM ecu had +3KW at the wheels
    I would assume the JDM had the extra KW due to the ign/fuel mapping. Saying that they had same engine, mods etc etc?