Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Random new P Plate law

Recently there was a write up in our local newspaper about the location of 'P & L plates' on vehicles.. Local police are pulling over people that have the plates located or stuck inside the cars rear/front windows, even if they are fully visible..

Apparently the plates HAVE to be magnetized ones stuck the the front and rear of the cars body. The first time you get pulled up for this 'infraction', police let you off but tell you to go get the magnet ones and place them in the 'right spot'. Now if you get pulled up for a second time, i have heard there is a fine of $300 or so and 3 points... Ridiculous..

A few people i know have already been talked to once by authorities and have to change the location of plates..

Anywhere else like this? Its just silly because a local Police officer actually WROTE into the newspaper, they published it and then is suddenly a legal law. D:

i think in nsw you cant display it inside either
    has to be on the outside and fully visible, so you might need to get a bracket or the magnetic ones
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Quote Originally Posted by chunky View Post
    i think in nsw you cant display it inside either
    has to be on the outside and fully visible, so you might need to get a bracket or the magnetic ones
    True? Is that the law for all of NSW though? :/ Just strange how only this town has it.. And why the consequences are so large.

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondaless :(
    this is blatantly not true. if you get done for it, take it to court immediately.
    b series vtec goes up to 11...

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    Where abouts are you located? This law has been in effect for ages in NSW.

Member Array
    Car:
    http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/...-P-plates.aspx

A P-plate is a plate that features an uppercase red letter 'P' or an uppercase green letter 'P' on a white background. You can buy P-plates from service stations, major retailers and automotive outlets. Check with your local supplier for cost.
    You can also download and print a red P-plates (PDF, 21.7 KB) or a green P-plates (PDF, 21.8 KB). When printing the P-plate template use a colour printer, white A4 paper or card and ensure the page scaling is set to 'None'.
    The minimum size and colour of a P-plate is 14.6 cm x 14.6 cm. The P-plate may be larger than the minimum size requirement of 14.6 cm x 14.6 cm but not so large that it will obscure your view when driving.

If you can print your own P-plates on paper from the QT website, then they cannot expect you to put them on the outside of your vehicle at all times - otherwise they wouldn't even offer you this option.

Quote Originally Posted by steeeven View Post
    Where abouts are you located? This law has been in effect for ages in NSW.
    Im in Atherton, up north..

Quote Originally Posted by rubixcube View Post
    If you can print your own P-plates on paper from the QT website, then they cannot expect you to put them on the outside of your vehicle at all times - otherwise they wouldn't even offer you this option.
    Thanks for this.. handy evidence if someone or myself get pulled up..

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubstein View Post
    Thanks for this.. handy evidence if someone or myself get pulled up..
    no probs mate, just print that whole page from QT website and carry it with you. the only things it says is "musnt block your vision" and has to be visible from x angle at 20 metres. a p plate in the upper left corner of a windshield certainly doesn't block your vision.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Yeah NSW implemented that law around 2007 that L's and P's must be on the outside.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...trictions.html

Changes to the display of L and P plates on vehicles.
    L or P plates may no longer be displayed from inside your vehicle. All learner and provisional drivers must clearly display their L and P plates on the front and back of the outside of the vehicle. The letters L and P on the plate must not be hidden. The penalty for incorrectly displayed plates is two demerit points and a fine.

Well that is my front..

I think i'll have a few troubles with the rear.. (Tinted)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Yeah NSW implemented that law around 2007 that L's and P's must be on the outside.
    Well until i see that in implemented into QLD Legitimately.. im not following it.