Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buying Accord Euro - General Questions

Hi,

I have decided to buy a '05-'06 euro (leather, sunroof) for my missus.

I took a manual one with about 50,000km for a drive last night and noticed that the engine seems rougher than my parents '03 auto accord (not euro) with 150,000km. I know the engines are different between the accord and accord euro, but should the euros feel a bit rougher?

I might lower it on king or eibach springs, has anyone got photos of their lowered euros with stock 17" inch wheels?

Performance wise, i am thinking of getting a nice exhaust. What do people recommend and what sort of power gains do you get? Is it even worth it?

Thanks,

Adam

Also, did the euros come with 3 keys when new? The 2 black main keys and a grey chauffeur key?

Thanks again.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Mine came with just 2 black main keys, no grey backup.

Perhaps the euro wasn't as well taken care of compared to your rent's accord?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Mine came with just 2 black main keys, no grey backup.
    My folks came with the grey key, must not have come with the euros.

Perhaps the euro wasn't as well taken care of compared to your rent's accord?
    The car i am looking at is owned by a couple in their 70's and is one owner and has been serviced every 10,000kms. It felt a bit rough and had a bit of a vibration through the steering wheel when i revved it. Could be a shot engine mount, but at such low kms i doubt it. Apart from that, it drove well. I am taking another euro for a drive tonight to see how it compares.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Busted Cv joint or poor
    Alignment can do the same aint it!
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Busted Cv joint or poor
    Alignment can do the same aint it!
    It's none of these, it can be felt when you are stationary and rev it. It could just be the way the euros are - not as smooth as the standard accord?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by adamc11 View Post
    It's none of these, it can be felt when you are stationary and rev it. It could just be the way the euros are - not as smooth as the standard accord?
    It should be the same, had the car had the steering pump/hose recall done?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    It should be the same, had the car had the steering pump/hose recall done?
    He told me that the car went back for a hose recall, he didn't say what hose though.

Also, did the euros come with 3 keys when new? The 2 black main keys and a grey chauffeur key?

Thanks again.
    i got an 07 lux nav model and i have the 3 keys only these models the lux nav come with 3

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Let us know how the other euro drive compares =]

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    My folks came with the grey key, must not have come with the euros.

The car i am looking at is owned by a couple in their 70's and is one owner and has been serviced every 10,000kms. It felt a bit rough and had a bit of a vibration through the steering wheel when i revved it. Could be a shot engine mount, but at such low kms i doubt it. Apart from that, it drove well. I am taking another euro for a drive tonight to see how it compares.
    I reckon that car would be a good buy. I'd say it just needs a good service.Fill it up with some 98 fuel(any brand except Shell)Change engine oil(a good full synthetic 5W30),filter,fuel filter,air filter and run an upper cylinder cleaner through it like the Subaru one.After that take it for a good highway drive and give it a bit of a flogging.Rev it out to just below redline a few times.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 euro
    Watch out for the creaking clutch, front of the car shuttering when under acceleration load at about 80kms a hr, squeeks and creaks in the car dash and roof. Good luck.