Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    thats what i meant
    Yeah coz I thought you meant these

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Just outta curiosity, has anyone had any accidents or incidents that required the use of this tow hook for those who have it installed? always wondered if its actually strong enough or merely just bling factor
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Lol I doubt it. Your towing a 1 ton vehicle with two small bolts... Just for show really, the standard tow hooks do the job, the only reason you would use an extended tow hook is for track use, just to pull it out of a sand trap or onto the flat bed but that one isn't a cams approved item so can't really use it for that either.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    thanks for all the input guys.. i will grab some extended nuts, but i dont quite understand what type of bolts i should use to keep it secure from theives! what type of bolts? brand? and where can i purchase? thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    Lol I doubt it. Your towing a 1 ton vehicle with two small bolts... Just for show really, the standard tow hooks do the job, the only reason you would use an extended tow hook is for track use, just to pull it out of a sand trap or onto the flat bed but that one isn't a cams approved item so can't really use it for that either.
    Ohhh i thought they were cams approved, which is why i was wanting to get one in the near future for track days lol, cheers for that...

BUT, if u were to replace them 2 bolts with high tensile bolt grade of like 10 - 12, would it work than? LOL

jus considering my options
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 02-02-2012 at 11:53 PM.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

cars must be fitted with towing points complying with the following:
    • have an internal diameter of at least 40mm;
    • are fitted forward of the front axle and rearwards of the rear axle;
    • are clearly visible in yellow, orange or red, the chosen colour being in contrast to the colour of the body work
    immediately adjacent the towing point;
    • are constructed and fitted in such a way that when a load is applied to the towing point, parallel to the ground
    and in a direction facing away from the vehicle, parallel to the longitudinal centre line of the vehicle, the vehicle shall be capable of drawing the car over two blocks of 100mm height. These blocks shall be of a section 100mm x 200mm, not less than the width of the tyre and shall be placed immediately “in front” of the tyres closest to the towing point being subject to the applied load. In order to test the strength of the towing point, any non-structural body work which interferes with the test may be removed.
    OR
    As an alternative to the above, tow hooks provided by the manufacturer of the car as a standard fitment may be utilised, provided they are easily accessible and clearly visible, in yellow, orange or red, contrasting with the colour of the bodywork immediately adjacent to the towing point, and pass the same test as outlined above.