sent from my Tiburon
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    NSX

not srs

My mum also has a Jazz, '05 model. Very good car. Lame, slow, handles cruddy, boring care etc. But very cheap on petrol (like 5.5L highway, 7L suburbs) and a huge amount of space when you fold those rear seats down flush. Quite safe too.

had bb6. was very nice car. feels like driving something luxury. it's quiet cheap to maintain and didnt let me down. don't get auto as many have said that the bb6 tends to fail a lot but not the manual. now driving dc2r its a lot different lol ; it's louder, the carpet is thinner feels very cheap, steering is a lot stiffer however clutch on the dc2r is easier to press down. the h22a on the bb6 did chew a bit of fuel but not as much as commys :P

Had a manual DC4 before....it's engine never let me down, the power never stop from low to redline even no vtec

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Not a fan of the BB6 auto gearbox... Ranks right down there with the Jazz's CVT gearbox for me. When it starts giving you trouble, it is an expensive fix.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

As much as I like the old DC4 shape, I think I’m leaning more towards the DC5 if it has to be auto just for being newer.

Or an EP3R / DC5S if I’m allowed to continue driving manual (will be very rare my wife would have to drive the car)

Actually surprised no one suggested an Accord V6 or Euro

RE: Jazz & BB6… both great cars for difference reasons….. but ruled out due to the "potential" gearbox issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Best advice, go with your wife on saturday to a heap of car yards and the both of you drive all the cars that you are thinking of buying & go from there. Also look into 04-> Subaru Liberty
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    DC4 is good but DC5 is just better, newer model cars, less issues.

If stock, i really prefer DC5.

Just personal view though

Goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Teach your wife how to drive manual....

hehe tried that and failed

She has her own car, it'd be convenient if she could drive mine so we could have just the one dedicated to family duties.

But the more i read the more i want an EP3 as i can get away with a baby seat in the back and not need to share.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Then your next option is to pay for some driving lessons with an instructor and dual pedal controls, about 5 lessons is what she should need, man persevere man!

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    I own a BB6 auto lude. Its a great car but knowing that the auto box will die someday has got me wanting to do a manual conversion early this year.
    they are a great and fun car to drive and has a nice interior. Plus it has climate control which I personally love.
    Welcome Abourd