Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    updating tomorrow night, sorry!
    glad to someones interested, makes me smile

or possibly tonight
    Last edited by chinx_4eva; 22-03-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    AHH so rare!! keep the updates going it was going good until finding out this thread is only 2 pages! :P sick car man

shiiieeettttt

only just discovered this thread.

subscribing.

keep the updates regular y0~

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    i will attempt to go out on a quick shoot soon
    and i know i said ill update but things have just been in the way lately

especially this if people haven't read
    Vehicle Damage and Structural Repair Report

but once that thing is sorted out i can get back to the stuff that I want to do, sorry for the hold up peeps
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Oh man, that sucks. Goodluck.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    alright so im back guys, got the other situation sorted out and im ready to start playing around with this thing again
    It has been a while and of course I haven't done much to it

no picture updates at the moment, but ill get them up as soon as I can with the sun comes out since Melbourne has had pretty dull weather for the past few days

Did an interior respray to gloss black as the blue just looked odd
    most places turned out okay, im pretty happy with the final look, again pictures will be up soon

What I need help is, lowering the car.
    I got a set of AXIS OG old skool sitting around for it, I whacked it on with stock springs/shocks and I can tell you it wasn't flash
    Now lowering the car seems a bit more difficult then just going out and buying stuff apparently, im just going for a spring and shock combo, might even stick with stock shocks if they are fine after taking them out
    I've done a few readings about lowering them and i've come to conclusion that:

Springs: DA Springs
    now the only drama is, the rear springs. The front springs should fit in just right but as the height difference between the shocks of the DA and EE. For me putting DA springs straight in it would leave the ass of the car sitting up
    What I need to do would be cutting 2 - 3 dead coils off the top of the springs so it levels out.
    Now i've heard about people cutting springs pretty much its all negative so I just want to know what yous think about it, worth giving it a go?

Shocks: EF Shocks
    Once again with this, the front sits the same as the wagon so thats not a problem.
    However the rear is different as well, the spring perch from the wagon shocks are is approx 2" lower then the standard EF, hence it'll further lower the car another 2" which would absolutely slam the car down and thats not what Im going for.

Here is a short write out i've quoted of HCW by doitdub
    Shocks: EF recommended, and use shocks that match the year of your Wagon.

To get everything clear in your head, keep in mind that the front shocks are the same as other EF’s. So let’s concentrate on the rear. Rear Wagon shocks are different. The spring perch (the platform on the shock the spring sits on) is about 2” lower down the shock vs other EF rear shocks. So re-using Wagon shocks with lowering springs will absolutely slam the rear of you Wagon down. If this is what you want to go for, that’s fine, but your rear control arms will be picking up all the rocks off the road cause you’ll be about 1” off the ground, even with a sport drop! :eek Using regular EF shocks brings the rear back up level with the front. When you go to change your rear suspension out, you’ll notice that the Wagon’s rear springs makes up for the 2” lower spring perch by being about 2” taller, so the overall height of the shock is the same as other EF’s.
    To be honest im a bit lost with that..
    I believe he's still informing that we should use EF shocks for the rear as well but if someone can translate to ESL level that'll be awesome as heck!

Heres the actual thread: +++SiWagon & clsmooth Suspension Upgrades(Updated 3-23-11) from hondacivicwagon

Thanks for reading guys and sorry for the long post
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Observe this picture

What his saying is that spring perch will be 2" closer to the bottom of the shocks at the rear. and he is saying just replacing the springs in the rear wil fit, but ull get a huge drop because the spring perch sits 2" lower and ur car will basically look like its abt to take off doin a wheelie where as if u use the EF shocks u avoid that stance lawl.

if that makes any sense
    Last edited by cheapdouchebag; 27-05-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    cheers pat, yea it does make sence

Im just confused about which exact spring/shock I should use for the rears then. I believe its the same so standard EF shocks with DA springs?
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Dude, EF coilovers /done.

Painted the interior gloss black?
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    I was thinking EF coils would be the easiest option but.. on a tight budget for this
    Got the DC2R that needs heaps of prep for trackdays coming up, pretty much where most money would be spent
    but hey if a cheap set comes up I can't say no...

Yes I did the interior... it doesn't look all that bad
    I personally really didn't like the blue, but only pictures would do it justice soon
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

do not want to hear tight budget on awd honda thread.