Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC SPORTS 12
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    there is a cost for everything!
    Alrite there is a cost for everything but from a consumer point of view we dont want to pay full price and get something thats worth almost nothing to the dealer.

They cover all that cost in the RRP. Thats why when you go to the dealer the RRP price is not the same as what you see on paper. If I were to pay RRP I wouldnt want half a tank of petrol. Just being realistic.

Picked mine up last Saturday. Love it... no regrets, all I thought it would be and more. Great industrial design and workmanship. No matter what the reviews say, it's a great car.
    Granted, it does't stand out in the crowd... but IMO that's a good thing.
    L2R

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by wrray View Post
    Alrite there is a cost for everything but from a consumer point of view we dont want to pay full price and get something thats worth almost nothing to the dealer.

They cover all that cost in the RRP. Thats why when you go to the dealer the RRP price is not the same as what you see on paper. If I were to pay RRP I wouldnt want half a tank of petrol. Just being realistic.
    agreed there! some dealers are tight and dont include mats or a tank of fuel., it all depends on the deal i guess, all my cars esp if they are sold close to rrp have mats and full tank on every contract.

but i have a mate who works for toyota and they dont even put mats and full tank in any of the cars unless its negotiated in the deal! no matter what price its sold at.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC SPORTS 12
    Im thinking of modify (exterior/interior accessories) my new civic in the future but i dont know any good honda mechanics in sydney beside the honda dealers. Any recommendations?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    top one
    hannys
    bel garage
    jdmyard
    shift
    etcetcetcetc

Has anybody seen the new civic with the 'door styling guards' fitted.
    Do they spoil the appearance? Look dicky?
    I know I can see them on the brochure/web site - they seem to be highly retouched.
    I am contemplating getting them fitted to my car, just wanted to know what they look like in real life.
    Any pics would be great.
    Tx, L2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Does the new civic run more quietly than the present one, road noise I mean it is a great problem most tyres do not get rid of the problem and also has the new one got a bit softer suspension to stop it jumping up and down!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC SPORTS 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrains View Post
    Does the new civic run more quietly than the present one, road noise I mean it is a great problem most tyres do not get rid of the problem and also has the new one got a bit softer suspension to stop it jumping up and down!!
    I cant compare with the previous model as i never owned one but the current civic road noise is really good, i believe they made the car more sound proof to road noise. Suspension is good, not like a bucking bull haha, didnt know the old civic behave that way if thats what ur saying.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Mine is a 2009 Sport!! noisy on any road except tarmac jumps around on any road except smooth ones!! Just tried a new Ford Focus what a difference on the same roads, quieter and smooth suspension looks like a swap is on the cards.
    Last edited by kiwitrains; 22-03-2012 at 12:15 AM.

There will be a VTI from Thailand. It will have steel wheels, hud caps and no climate. Thailand is due to start exporting around June.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrains View Post
    Mine is a 2009 Sport!! noisy on any road except tarmac jumps around on any road except smooth ones!! Just tried a new Ford Focus what a difference on the same roads, quieter and smooth suspension looks like a swap is on the cards.
    I just took delivery of a new 2012 Gen 9 Sport last week and I find it very quiet, can't comment if it's any quieter than the Gen 8 Sport as Iv'e never even been in a Gen 8 ... personally I do find the suspension a bit on the soft side and it is a bit "jittery" on the road .. but of course I am coming from an XR4 with modified suspension so pretty much any car is going to feel soft in the suspension to me until I got used to it.

I also looked at the new Focus Titanium before settling on the Honda ... the Focus is a nice car but two things put me off buying one .... firstly, being a Euro Ford the air-con is rubbish! .. Iv'e owned my XR4 which also comes from Germany (like the Focus) for over 4 years and the biggest let down of the whole car was the sub-standard air con performance, it's simply not up to our climate over here, fine for Euro conditions where 25C is considered a heatwave! .. but here in Oz ... it's next to useless! .. I spent a lot of money on my XR4 to get the air-con fixed up so it was at least bearable .. in stock form it's hopeless.

Secondly, it's a Ford ... nice enough cars ... BUT ... if anything goes wrong under warranty .. be prepared for a big fight to get anything fixed! .... personally I would have many sleepless nights just worrying about that nice 6 Speed DSG Powershift gearbox playing up! ... good luck to anyone getting that fixed under warranty!

Hopefully Honda have a little more foresight in regards to looking after their customers should warranty concerns arise .. time will tell (fingers crossed) ... this is my first ever Honda so I can only hope the reliability is as good as they say.

Congrats on the purchase! Do tell us some more review after you drive it for a while, and few pics of the car would be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Robjh View Post
    Hopefully Honda have a little more foresight in regards to looking after their customers should warranty concerns arise .. time will tell (fingers crossed) ... this is my first ever Honda so I can only hope the reliability is as good as they say.
    Have you read on how HA taking care of people who complains about "pinging" issue on the Accord Euro CU2? First they said, its not a problem. Then they told you to change the fuel from E10 or 95 to 98. Then finally they have the fix for this problem that they said its not an issue. I think on this matter, there no much diff from how Ford handles the warranty.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family