Member Array
    Car:
    your mum

Ultra racing 4 points rear strut brace for EG hatch

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: to reduce flux on the chassic

Required: Deep socket set, marker, drill and a grinder

Step 1: undo the nuts on the rear suspensions (2 on each side). you need to use a deep socket set.

Step 1a: if you still have the plastic trim in the rear, you have to cut a small hole with the grinder. ( i dont have the picture for it anymore, but once you have the bars, and u will see what needs to be cut.)

Step 2: place the strut bar on, then marks the bottom 4 holes with a marker

Step 3: take the strut out, and drill the 4 holes, be extra careful not to slip. and drill a hole slightly smaller than the bolts supplied

Step 4: place the bar back on and bolt it up. bolt the suspension nuts first. then the bottom 4.

Review:

I think it looks great. it did stop the rear from flexing as i cant hear the twisting noise anymore when i turn. and you can still put the spare wheel in the back.

IMO, i think 2 point strut was enough as the bottom bolts will not be strong enough to act as a brace on the 4-point. unless it was welded to the chassic. the other complain i have is that it is white, and very easy to scratch and dirty.
    and reduce a lot of space.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    off topic here but can I ask why you didnt have the rear arms of the cage going directly to the struts? or is it a bolt in cage?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    off topic here but can I ask why you didnt have the rear arms of the cage going directly to the struts? or is it a bolt in cage?
    Not all half cages go straight onto the strut tops..
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    It does go to the strut. Just not the top of it but just right in front of it.