Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek/s2000
    chauster is right about the nuts rays isnt very track material and i would highly recommend on the mc gaurds nuts as well the price may be steep but in the end its worth every penny

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Yeah fair point
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    150 for them at otr on westall gogogo, unless u want the black ones 160 =)

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    inb4 which r thread
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    cannot believe this thread has become about wheel nuts.. hahaha Everyone just buy D1 nuts, they are fine on track, cheap to buy, 4 colours, and a ozhonda mod sells em
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM888
    We're on track for November Bnet
    [JDM*888]

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesEK1 View Post
    We're on track for November Bnet
    yea cant wait to see your car boost out of the esses
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Hey Bennet were you at Winton last Sat?

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Hey Bennet were you at Winton last Sat?
    Yeah I was there, but didnt track.. couldnt get tyres in time.
    I took some photos for Baid Sports tho
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Thought I would make an update as it has been sometime.. After 2 months trying to sort out what tyres to run, and having tirerack constantly shutting me down with new regulations that big brands like Hankook and Dunlop will not allow them to ship items internationally anymore. I thought I would try my luck to save some cash and sell off my 6UL's and Advan Ao48's to make way for new enkei rpf1's and some more extreme track compound tyres. Well the end result was a big FAIL. 14" rims didnt clear and I had to sell the Enkei's after 2 days of them arriving from the States.

Anyway besides my fail in the shoe department, I had made an order from JDMYARD from their firesale. Received new Function 7 LCA's and RDA slotted rotors to fix my warped discs in the front. Since fixing the only 2 problems I had with the car, being the brake shudder and torn blox bushings - life has been boring :P.. I dont think I have ever owned a car where there is nothing that needed fixing or replacing, I was left contemplating selling the car (I know how stupid is that).

In my writting style I will as usual cut to the chase - I was with my track buddies (WONTONS) and everyone was going to head down to Tampered's Winton day on the 26th of August. With 2 weeks preperation time, I decided I would just give up with going for more PB's and just have fun. My thought was lower the car, drive on my enkei 92's with stretched Nankangs and take it down for an alignment. The goal was to hopefully get a 1:55, but honestly I wasnt confident at all, as these tyres on the street have honestly sucked. I always complain about them in the wet, with 60kw of power the still lose traction with light throttle - and in the dry I've just always considered them to be mediocre, just always thought of them as bob jane cheapies. Considering I paid $50 a corner I really wasnt to fussy with what I was getting.

So with heavy as fek wheel, shitty hard compound Nankang commuter tyres and derpy grin it was off to Winton. Stayed the night at Benalla with 10 other WONTONS, a case of beer, bottle of whiskey, pack of uno cards and 20 Litres of 98 octane in a jerry can it was an uncomplicated trip. Still only managed to get in 4 hours sleep - sorta defeats the purpose of staying overnight, but atleast it skips the early morning drive.

Got to the track - set up shop, found out reservoir cover socks are now a scrutineering fail (lol) and lined up in the dummy grid...

First session the EK did a 1:57 (which I was thinking ok - its got more in it, but how much)
    Second session 1:54 (with passenger, at this stage I was starting to feel the limits of the tyres)
    Third session 1:52 (removed passenger, passenger seat, drained washer fluid lol :P)
    Fourth session I had an enlightenment, I started to use the Nankangs in my favour, throwing them into corners catching it mid corner. It allowed me to get back on the power straight away and landed a 1:49.3 - yeah I know that was a BIG enlightenment haha

Anyway in a nutshell - I think driving on crappy tyres compared to Semi Slicks has taught me alot, really developed my skills on track and if you can believe it a day that was just a joke with the car too low and heavy rims, more aimed at a photoshoot than a track day the car was only 1 second of its PB with super lightweight rims, proper track tyres and perfect height to complement lcas/sway etc.

heres a quick vid for you visual folk:

http://youtu.be/2pWlabN3RV8

Last edited by bennet654; 28-08-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

great work bennet, the car is mighty quick when you're at the wheel ^^

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    absolutely top job. i wish i kept my EG.
    the new car will be on the tracks soon. keep an eye out for the number plates.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC