Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R

MOONSR Jnr. Build

Hey guys,

So I started my obsession with Honda's 5 years ago and put my savings towards a one owner/28000km/Championship White DC5R. It was and still will be my first true love, but as of 3 days ago the DC5R was sold onto a friend who I know will give it all the love that I did.

Anywho, a few months back I went searching for a Civic. After trolling carpoint for a month, I thought it best to try an alternative method and gave tradingpost/gumtree a whirl. My theory was old people that own EK/EG Civics know only of the tradingpost nd I could potentially snap up a clean low km example. After 3 hours of searching using my newly developed strategy I found the car.

1998 Honda Civic CXI
    152,000KM
    White
    Full Service History
    Female Owner
    Manual
    100% Factory
    RWC & 10 months Rego

Anyway it ticked every box I was looking for, and I picked it up a week later from Port Melbourne

I have spent many nights in discussion with friends kicking around Ideas for what this car would become. So I have sussed outmy options and I've decided its going to be mix of 3 car types.

Stanced :P
    Track Warrior XD
    Daily

Most will think this is impossible, but with the backing of the 'Teg' Im hoping this is some what achieveable...

I went crazy for first 2 weeks owning the EK and bought:

Type R Front Lip
    Type R Rear Lip
    Type R Grille
    Spoon Carbon Fibre Wing
    JDM Yellow Fog Lights
    Window Visors
    Phillips Crystal Vision

Then I went through the pain staking process of spray painting every moulding, lip and various other black trimmings to give it that cleaner look.

I went to Japan late last year, with my mate Sem and among various JDM trinkets I picked up a couple items for the EK.

Willans Harness

MOMO Steering Wheel

Broadway Mirror

Exterior Pictures

Interior Pictures
    Last edited by bennet654; 21-02-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK
    hey man thats a nice clean car, 'n i like your approach by using an alternative to carsales...

sounds like you got some plans, too. Any reason why you went from DC5R to EK CXi? and do you have some updated pics of what you turned it into?

I always wanted a clean white EK myself hahah....

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by [daan] View Post
    hey man thats a nice clean car, 'n i like your approach by using an alternative to carsales...

sounds like you got some plans, too. Any reason why you went from DC5R to EK CXi? and do you have some updated pics of what you turned it into?

I always wanted a clean white EK myself hahah....
    Hey Daan,

Honestly the EK was just meant as a daily. I was selling the Teg to buy a TME Evo 6.5
    I was going to just run some good tyres and run higher boost with safety mods.
    Anyway I ended up really enjoying having the EK as I didnt have to worry about it in day to day life (as much). If the motor blows its only $500 ill be coughing up, which gives me some piece of mind. And I don't mind about taking it to the track. I spent my 5 years with Teg always worried about where I parked or putting to much wear and tear on it. It was baby'd like no other.

Also owning a DC5R or in your case an EP3R from factory there already quite quick and stock suspension setup isn't half bad. When I went to Race Spec Dampers it made a difference, but not massive. Where a standard commuters car, like the EK Civic will show drastic changes with modifications. This has been something thats keeping me excited day in, day out.

As for current progress:

I took this pictures back in December after I finished spraying all the black mouldings and lips:

I got bored one night and went out to take some pictures in Camberwell:

Last edited by bennet654; 05-02-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Euro Lux AT
    yeeeyy, hope to see epic developments over the next 2-3 weeks
    3TripleZero
    S T A N C E | W O R K S

B?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    gotta love those EK

what kinda stickers and air freshener you planning to use?

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    Looking forward to seeing the result of this build my friend. I predict big changes in the near future...
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    gotta love those EK

LOL dunno why but i coughed up my drink when i read this!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    gotta love those EK

im gonna go with jdm as f*ck style stickers and tree shaped air freshers, bubble gum flavour for sure haha
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Today I spent a few hours learning how to wire a headunit and put theory to practise. A mate had shown me how to solder a few weeks early and it seemed fairly straight forward. 2 hours of pulling off interior/matching up circuit diagrams/soldering/wrapping to be left with a mysterious screw that doesnt have a home.. it was worth it, somewhat relaxing just sitting in car fiddling with wires.. oh and my new Alpine X305 was lovely

Also picked up my new HKB Boss Kit to get that JDM acquired MOMO wheel put in

Last edited by bennet654; 08-02-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    Very clean... Any plans for engine swap? Looking forward to seeing progress!
    BARPPP

Low offset.................LOW offset>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww offset