Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Wow this is getting built fast man, looks toward to see the progress. I'm sure the guy who bought your dc5r will take great care of it
    Last edited by dnapol; 11-02-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Blue ftw!

SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Hey guys I'll answer questions soon... Just shooting off another update. Godspeed X Bar arrived and I began to install today.. Turns out the two high tensile seatbelt bolts that are supplied in the kit, do not fit with their product. Sounds like bad quality control to me.. I did send the company and suppliers emails, notifying them of this problem. Ended up driving over to Bry's house (aka FRUSH CEO) and he suggested we use a dremel to make the bolt heads smaller. An hour later the bar was fitted and we went on a test drive. For a 100% stock cxi civic, with a big metal cross bar running in a fully stripped rear end, it was quite amusing, but boy oh boy did this brace transform moonsr jnr. Car is far more bitey in turns and it is impressively stiffer in the rear. Cars balance and rigity is somewhat scary.

If any EK or Integra owner buys this X Bar - don't hesitate to PM if you need help. I now know this product inside out.

PS - Just ordered new front strut bar & I'm sorry to those wanted to split some seats with me, but Sem has already dibsed.
    Last edited by bennet654; 17-02-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

There is no manufacturers quality control now, it's all consumer QC. Seems to me that all of the aftermarket products in particular should come with a disclaimer "Some end user fitting required"

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM888
    Nice one Bennet

Needs CF bonnet! :P

Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Hellaflush eh. Like it, but not so sure on the practicality. I went 205's on my 6.5" (with 8" on the wishlist)
    lol...
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    ^^ X2

15x8 +25 will sit nice but won't be hellaflush omfg I'm gonna need 5deg of camber. Will still be very practical with a guard roll and natural camber from lowering
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    very interesting read!

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    There is no manufacturers quality control now, it's all consumer QC. Seems to me that all of the aftermarket products in particular should come with a disclaimer "Some end user fitting required"
    i understand what your saying, but when a product says, "gauranteed 100% fitment".. You sorta expect it to fit 100%... not 92%.. as that is not 100%. unless becoz of inflation it has moved upto 107%, then i could understand
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    In other news ievaq8 has hooked me up with a new sway + sub frame brace kit from whiteline and A new front strut bar is in the mail

Oxer has hooked me up with a set of Nankang NS2's coming in tomorrow, with sem picking them up from Air Ride for me thanks guys. My love goes out to all MNS crew
    Last edited by bennet654; 17-02-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Quote Originally Posted by bennet654 View Post
    i understand what your saying, but when a product says, "gauranteed 100% fitment".. You sorta expect it to fit 100%... not 92%.. as that is not 100%. unless becoz of inflation it has moved upto 107%, then i could understand
    I agree with you there 100% (at least there's one 100% you can be sure of), unfortunately these guarantees just seem to be increasingly just marketing talk (has got worse since online trading).

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Just took out my stock resonator from intake.. Aside from being a 10 minute job, the pipeing did put up a fight. I just payed for some new LCA's. Ended up getting Gold Blox ones, look pretty nifty and hopefully wont draw to much attention from the wrong people :P
    Last edited by bennet654; 17-02-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero