Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Another day, another update..

I told you guys that this civic will be getting built rather quickly. I've got a bit of money to burn, decent photography skills and I get myself into
    crazy situations often - so consider watching this thread closely

Today I went down to bank to move some funds across, after running very tight on cash the last couple months.
    Went straight to LSD Motorsports website in the states and ordered a brand new set of Enkei 92's. And yes 'hondapop' the offset is low.
    Well not ridiculously, but enough for perfect fitment.

Enkei 92's 15x8 +25

and I had a little bit of money remaining on my debit account. So I went to Spoon Japan and ordered some Ressy covers, lol

Also took a stroll down to VicRoads and transfered the rights of my Custom plates to the EK. Word of warning to all VR charge $105.80 to transfer plates between two parties. So if your ever in the market to buy someone elses custom plates, keep in mind the additional costs that they dont display on the website.
    Last edited by bennet654; 06-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Quote Originally Posted by bennet654 View Post
    Went straight to LSD Motorsports website in the states and ordered a brand new set of Enkei 92's. And yes 'hondapop' the offset is low.
    Well not ridiculously, but enough for perfect fitment.

Enkei 92's 15x8 +25

Eggselent choice, nice to be listened to Haha.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Eggselent choice, nice to be listened to Haha.
    Trust me I didnt need to be told
    but thanks for the vote of confidence..
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    great build man.
    love those accessories.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    How much did you pay for your enkei 92s? I picked up a set of black ones recently
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR28610 View Post
    How much did you pay for your enkei 92s? I picked up a set of black ones recently
    I paid $780 delivered from the states, what did u pay.. I noticed they charged an extra $10 p/w for the gold lol random
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Another late afternoon update, the car has been fully stripped out from the boot up to the front seats, preparing junior for its first day @ winton. Depending on how many parts I can get on her in time will really determine the times. But I'm aiming for 1:55 with no engine mods stock air box, stock exhaust, stock ecu, stock headers etc. Just working on light weight and good traction for now
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Next update. Ordered BC Racing Coilovers for the EK and godspeed monkey cross brace to link up rear strut, c pillar & side quarter braces offers zero movement in rear...

F: 14K
    R:10K

Thanks to Ievaq8 for his knowledge and help with coilovers and spring rate choice
    Borrowed an old DC5R friends soldering kit last night to wire up my Alpine X305 (better tune selection and possibly save 200g of weight reduction, hahaha.)

PS also just grabbed oil/ryco filter/spark plugs and rear number plate LED.
    The car was just serviced 6 months ago, but im thinking it might be nice to spend some time over weekend flushing her clean

Last edited by bennet654; 08-02-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Another late afternoon update, the car has been fully stripped out from the boot up to the front seats, preparing junior for its first day @ winton. Depending on how many parts I can get on her in time will really determine the times. But I'm aiming for 1:55 with no engine mods stock air box, stock exhaust, stock ecu, stock headers etc. Just working on light weight and good traction for now
    Preparing for tampered or another event?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Woooo BC Racing Coilovers Can't recommend them enough to anyone, they are amazing. Epic build too, will be watching this one.
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    stay away from ryco oil filters on hondas, nothing but trouble, spend that lil extra, or i can get u some genuine from chris for like special price
    Last edited by IEVAQ8; 07-02-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    I paid $780 delivered from the states, what did u pay.. I noticed they charged an extra $10 p/w for the gold lol random
    got mine for 700 brand new from some guy on the forum. your spending quite abit on the car, any chance of a engine conversion
    BARPPP