Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    honda replaced my clutch at 125,000 km, machined fly wheel etc.

$2200

luckily i didn't pay for it out of my own pocket, but if i have this car around for another clutch i wont be going back.

i think the guy who owned my euro before me was a bit of a hoon, i expect a bit better life out of this clutch

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    2200 woa i payed 1200 with motel fluids

Motel fluids - Do I wanna know? :L

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    You are missing one of the sweetest shifting manual gearboxes in the business, better acceleration and sharper throttle response. The only issue is that the driveline can lurch at low speeds/RPM in first if you're not careful with the clutch/throttle.

Fuel economy is much of a wash, the Honda automatics do very well for fuel economy.

Seriously, getting more than 300,000 km out of a clutch is extraordinary. It all depends on how you drive it and how kind you are on the clutch, you and your wife must do a lot of highway driving or be extremely gentle on your clutches and take off driving downhill all the time If you get more than 160,000km out of a clutch, that's pretty good.

While Honda Automatic transmissions are reliable, I would still expect servicing costs for an automatic to be higher over the life of the vehicle, and when you factor in that you have to pay a $2,300 premium up front for the automatic, a cost to replace the manual clutch 10 years down the track doesn't sound so bad.

- HZ
    I drove that Cruiser into Brisbane city everyday commuting as well as that it towed a camper on offroad trips too. Not to mention twice a year to Fraser Island. I don't know, I'm pretty easy on my vehicles. The missus is worse! No one touches her cars.

After reading that I wish I had bought one now.
    Last edited by aldo10; 09-02-2012 at 07:33 PM.