Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    I think the effort involved in the Spoon 2.2L "stroker" kit doesn't actually require any machine work to bore out the cylinder walls but changes the stroke of the piston to increase displacement...

Explanation is at about the 5 min mark. But if you're pulling apart the block, might as well do it all properly and go 2.4L...

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    With my old car, i stroked the 2L to a 2.2L. I did however also build the rest of the motor to suit. But in saying that however, the torque improvement was amazing. You will notice the .2 extra. But i would recommend doing the supporting mods at the same time to make the most of it. e.g. ITB's, * the correct cams to suit your application * and another important thing which i did incorrectly which lost me a bit of top end. Getting the ports to match the cams. I went to big on the intake side.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    mind me asking how fast it was? as i'm finding it a bit hard getting solid info on modified na s2ks.

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    My example was a K series. How can i describe how fast it was. " It was fast ". Mate it really depends what you want. The setup i had was too quick for me. I couldn't ( with my driving ability ) use all it had to offer on the track. Fireball has a built F20 thats NA. That is fast, really really fast. Also he can drive which further extends my point. I heard rumours that it was making around the 300hp mark. But as stated these are just rumours.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1.5
    yeh, he has a build thread on a s2ki..from memory its making pretty close to 300whp with 2.47L stoker, itbs etc

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Looks like i'm a bit late to the party guys

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    I think the effort involved in the Spoon 2.2L "stroker" kit doesn't actually require any machine work to bore out the cylinder walls but changes the stroke of the piston to increase displacement...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JNnzqwTUMI
    Explanation is at about the 5 min mark. But if you're pulling apart the block, might as well do it all properly and go 2.4L...
    the entire point of a stroker kit is that it increases the stroke (i.e. not bore)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    Lol I think the point the OP is making is that the car already has the kit, not deciding whether or not to do it....

Car in question: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...1&sort=default
    I test drove this one. The torque felt really nice compared to a stock one i drove before.

The motor was rebuilt 30000km's ago but uses about half a litre of mobil 1 per 1000k's. The entire passenger side has been resprayed. I stayed away.

Did anyone here buy it? and for what price?
    Last edited by curtis265; 12-03-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Learn something new every day... I'm not too great when it comes to engine work

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    you get more torque from the increase engine size, but it doesnt consider the cost of all the supporting mods like cams, porting, computer to tune ....... just to name a few.

i think if you want more power from s for the street, your basic header (J's racing is the best after months of research) exhaust and intake( KnN intake). computer, cams and 4.77 final drive will be pretty fast for the street.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    how can u argue that final drive is better then stroking. u dont increase kws and torque with final drive. yes u may feel a bit more pull and response but thats bcuz the engine is working even harder to go anywhere. this is such a stupid topic..then again.."welcome to ozhonda"
    and a s2000 with all those na mods and 4.77 diff gears..fast as apposed 2 what? clearly u havent been in a fast car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1.5
    all a final drive does is change where u get power...the only time u have a real advantage over a non geared car is from a stop start, as you get to higher speeds you're actually at a disadvantage to the non geared car. don't get me wrong, I love my 4.77 but its not really a power adding mod...

should check out the clip of the 96 spec dc2r vs the 99 spec racing 1/4 mile

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    it makes u rev quicker and get to ur powerband at a lower speed, not so much where you get power (you've implied that it changes your torque curve)
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I think information out there these days are misleading e.g MFactory claims a 44% increase of tq from a 6.33 on a ITR lol! But in actual fact as everyone knows its used more efficiently. All in all its just putting you in a higher rpm band so you can go bwaahhh quicker hehe =]