Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3

[CU2] Tinting in Sydney and the rear windscreen.

Hey guys,

Whilst I realise there is a few threads already regarding the CU2 and tinting, I couldn't find the exact info I was after.

Anyhow, we just picked up an MY12 Euro Lux Navi last week and so far we are loving it.

I am looking to get the windows tinted and did not want to opt for the dealer tint because:
    1. they are ridiculously expensive, and
    2. they do not tint the entire rear windscreen

Now, are there any CU2 owners here that have had their entire rear windscreen tinted? I'd prefer to go to a tinter that has dealt with CU2s and know how to remove the parcel shelf properly.

Has anyone taken their CU2 to either Boyd (247tint), or Martin (GroundZeroTints)?

Oh yeah, and I am located in Sydney.

Thanks in advance.

+1 for Martin @ GroundZeroTint, top work! Great guy to deal with also! Also good prices! Got my tint's done 20% all round last december and still looks great!

As for the parcel shelf, best to ask first! Hope this helped in a way!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Got my done by the dealership did the whole car and rear.. what exactly do you mean by entire rear windscreen?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3
    A majority of the tinters which dealers use, will cut around the brake light which is on the parcel shelf.

There have been reports of some dealers which use a couple of tinters - some that will cut around, while others will tint the entire window.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Pics of the brake lightssss
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Wouldn't it be better to have them cut around the brake light? I got mine tinted 15% and I'm glad they cut around the brake light as you can see it clearly where as if they had just tinted over it it would be hard to see my window brake light through such dark tint.. I've seen this on other cars where they tint over the brake light and as I mentioned, its difficult to see on a sunny day and you run the risk of some idiot driver not realising you are braking.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    No it's not better at all.
    First of all, it looks shite and shows how lazy the tinter is.
    I use 3m black for the full rear and I can see the brake light just fine even on sunny days.
    Using 15% for rear window is a no no in my opinion, reverse parking at night will be a tough task.
    Last edited by pitiek; 07-02-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Yeah rear window brake light is bright enough to shine through the tint no problems. Cutout in the tint for the brake light does indeed look shite and lazy.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    Email:martin@groundzerotint.com

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3
    I can't seem to send Martin an email. Emails keep bouncing and the website does not load.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    give him a pm in the forums his account name is TGZ80Y

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2
    +2 for Martin @ GroundZero, No problems so far. Took my CU2 there in November, Full tint on rear window, no cut out for brake light.