Newcomer Array
    Car:

[VIC] Unregistered BB4

Hey guys,

just about to purchase a unregistered BB4, not sure what is the process of getting it registered(kinda, just want to clarify).

I have the previous rego paper from prev owner, copy of drivers license as well as a brief letter saying they've sold the car to me for $x,xxx with VIN & engine number.
    No plates came with the car.

I now need to get a RWC and book a appointment so VIC ROADS can confirm engine & chassis number?

RWC items: sunroof rust and new seat belts. 4 new tyres and 1 stock prelude rim required.

cosmetic items. front bumper

costs involved in getting this done (excluding rwc)? rego $600 approx, appointment fees($100 tops), 28 day permit $75approx. new plates to be issued(prefer slimline)?

$875+plates fee + rwc cost?

if anyone can clarify this it will be greatly appreciated

sorry if the information is confusing/misleading in any way.

thanks

ng
    CD5

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    Buying an Unregistered Car
    A vehicle can be sold with or without registration. Buyers of a registered vehicle must lodge an application to transfer the registration within 14 days of the sale. Your responsibilities when buying or selling a vehicle depend on whether the vehicle is registered or unregistered.
    Unregistered vehicles
    An unregistered vehicle can be sold without a Certificate of Roadworthiness.

Seller’s responsibilities

cancel vehicle registration, remove number plates and return them to VicRoads. Refunds on registration are available if you cancel registration before it expires and the registration was in your name.

Buyer’s responsibilities

ask the seller for a receipt and keep this as proof of purchase and ownership.
    get an Unregistered Vehicle Permit (if you want to drive the vehicle home)
    register the vehicle (if it will be used for driving on the roads), see: light vehicle registration.
    source: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...BuyingSelling/

Moving an unregistered Vehicle

The safest way to legally drive an unregistered vehicle is with an Unregistered Vehicle Permit (UVP).

You can only move an unregistered vehicle on the road when:

driving with an Unregistered Vehicle Permit
    driving to VicRoads for a vehicle registration inspection
    towing – on a trailer or behind a registered vehicle.

Driving with an Unregistered Vehicle Permit (UVP)
    An Unregistered Vehicle Permit allows you to drive an unregistered vehicle with some conditions.

When driving with an unregistered vehicle permit you are covered by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) charge. This charge pays for treatment and support services for people injured in transport accidents.

For more information and to buy a permit see Unregistered Vehicle Permit.

Driving to VicRoads for a vehicle registration inspection
    When driving to VicRoads for a vehicle registration inspection you don’t need a permit but you must:

call us on 13 11 71 for an appointment to get your vehicle inspected
    take the most direct route to the VicRoads Customer Service Centre
    carry a current roadworthy certificate with you
    carry your appointment details with you.

If the vehicle isn’t registered at your appointment, you must purchase an Unregistered Vehicle Permit to drive home legally.
    source: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...redVehicle.htm

Unregistered Vehicle Permit

How long will my permit last?
    Unregistered Vehicle Permits normally last up to 28 days. Permits cannot be extended. If you need more time you must apply for another permit.

How to apply
    call us on 13 11 71 (Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm, Sat 8.30am - 2pm) Visa & Mastercard only
    visit a VicRoads Customer Service Centre.

You will need to provide

Personal details

full name and address
    your vehicle's garaged address
    your telephone number
    your fax number (if applying for permit over the phone).

Permit details

reason for the permit
    desired start date and time
    number of days required.

Vehicle details

make
    model
    body type
    colour
    year of manufacture
    either the engine, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or chassis number.

Fees
    Fees vary depending on duration, vehicle type and garaged address. The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) charge is included.

There are no concessions available.

source: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...iclePermit.htm

bleh bleh...

its all on the vicroads website. cost, steps and all!
    Last edited by drsilliez; 06-02-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    RWC usually costs around 100 bucks (80-150$) +/- the cost to get it roadworthied if its already not. depends on where u go.
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2006
    Hi ng

I was looking at purchasing from interetate and then registering in Victoria. I emailed VicRoads and they phoned me within a few working days. Because I had detailed my request in an email the person that rang me was well prepared and provided very comprehensive information and also answered questions. I finished the conversation with clear information. So it may be worth an email/phone call if you need to clarify anything that is not clear on their website.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Do they allow you to drive a unregistered vehicle at night with a permit?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    you have the price already for rego and stuff that you cant change
    Vehicle permits depends on how long you need the permit for, maximum i think its for 30 days.. when i last got it, it was around $28 for the first and $2 for everyday after that, not exact figures but it'll give you a margin of where your heading.

RWC is really dependable on where you go, as said anywhere from between $80 - $150 but the more expensive you do should include the double check, some cheap places charge for the second check
    personally ill take it to a RWC tester first so you know what problems you have to fix, rather then attempting something yourself.
    tyres as well, ill probably just buy a new set of cheap rims from someone with roadworthy tyres, for BB4 stock wheels you can probably pick up new tyres for $70 a piece but you can find bargains for a set of rims and tyres if your lucky, just hunt around
    seat belts ill got some pick 'n' pay joint as wreckers are known to charge you $40 or so a piece, so save some extra cash in the pocket
    the sunroof is 50/50, if it does show up on the check you'll have to fix
    really depends on the level of rust, any bubbles or just surface rust.. if its gone through the metal then worst case you'll need to metal and again thats more money flowing away..

MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE