S/s brake line flare

Received my HEL brake lines today but noticed the flare seat is wrong on the end where it connects to the hard line.
    The HEL lines are double flared but it should be a bubble flare (tapered shape)

The double flare is already on the hard line (see last pic)

Anyone had this problem?
    Last edited by dorikin; 25-07-2013 at 12:53 PM.

OEM EK9 front brake line

OEM DC2R rear

Front left hard line DC2R

just found this DIY for a DA9 and it looks like he has the correct flare seat, damnn

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ed-brake-lines

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    I'm honestly not sure whether all the lines I received had the correct taper, it didn't occur to me to check. I think your only option at this point is to contact the dealer who provided you with the lines, or HEL themselves and ask them about it, since their product should be a bolt on fit without needing you to change the seat. Hopefully the place you bought them from has decent service; if you bought them from the same place I did (GSL RallySport) I don't think you'll have any problems with that since they were great to deal with.

[For those that are confused (I sure as hell was when I saw this), the problem is that the soft lines should have a seat that's the opposite shape to the ones dorikin has received, like that pic from my DIY. This is because the hard lines already have the seat taper that dorikin's soft lines have, meaning that the lines probably won't seal properly.

Soft line --< >-- hard line (what will happen if he uses the supplied lines)
    Soft line --> >-- hard line (what it should be like)]

Thanks for the response

Sorry about the confusion, little bit hard to explain but thought my pics did most of the talking.

I've just sent an email to the vendor I purchased them from, hopefully hear back from them soon and might send a copy over to HEL Australia

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Yeah it's just a bit hard to see the shape of the seat on the OEM soft lines, but from the pic of your hard lines and the one from my DIY it was enough to understand.

Hopefully it's all sorted out for you soon!