Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Ebay ones see shit and some still need extra wiring el cheapo harness.

Buy Rywire or something along the 100$ + range and it will be a better quality and will actualy work.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    He means, ECU OBD2A to OBD1 conversion harness, its like 60 bucks on ebay shipped from the states, or $100 bucks locally used

Oh yeah, $100 is fine but I'm thinking in my head no way would this be a PITA like going OBD0 to OBD1 lol. Much easier the other way round...

you need to find a dealer in Australia to purchase Hondata now by the way...
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    you need to find a dealer in Australia to purchase Hondata now by the way...
    I have found a Ecu on ebay called the ''Black Ecu'', Hondata s300 installed and is from the states!

Sorry i meant verson 2, which just got released. Let me know how it is
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    I purchased my S300 from the US as a complete unit with OBD2A. About $830 shipped. Keep your old ECU in the cupboard in case you need to return to stock for whatever reason / selling / etc.

My car made 125kW atw with Toda header, high-flow cat, RM01A and Mugen intake. With S300 tuned by Adrian @ Toda, it made 135.6kW atw. Noticable gains in the midrange, much smoother VTEC transition, definitely well worth the $$ spent. I regret not doing it ages ago.

The key is in the tune though... an experienced tuner will make your car reliable and economical on cruise, not just focus on dyno numbers.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    Dyno chart before & after ....

Torque before VTEC now the same or better than in VTEC before (bottom lines).

Notably smoother - check out the VTEC transition.

Worth it? I think this graph says it all, but driving it is even better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cambo Dyno.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	21093  

Quote Originally Posted by freakygeek View Post
    Dyno chart before & after ....

Torque before VTEC now the same or better than in VTEC before (bottom lines).

Notably smoother - check out the VTEC transition.

Worth it? I think this graph says it all, but driving it is even better.
    Awesome results. So what was ur VTEC point moved too? I can see you have gained a fair bit of mid range...how long did the tune take?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Awesome results. So what was ur VTEC point moved too? I can see you have gained a fair bit of mid range...how long did the tune take?
    Yes the midrange is definitely noticable from the drivers seat. Especially accelerating in 4th and 5th, you don't need to downshift as often in traffic/overtaking etc. VTEC engages at 5400 with full throttle, up to 5700rpm with part throttle (VTEC engagement window).

Time spent on the dyno around 4 hours plus miscellaneous time for setting up etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R
    I purchased my S300 from the US as a complete unit with OBD2A. About $830 shipped. Keep your old ECU in the cupboard in case you need to return to stock for whatever reason / selling / etc.

My car made 125kW atw with Toda header, high-flow cat, RM01A and Mugen intake. With S300 tuned by Adrian @ Toda, it made 135.6kW atw. Noticable gains in the midrange, much smoother VTEC transition, definitely well worth the $$ spent. I regret not doing it ages ago.

The key is in the tune though... an experienced tuner will make your car reliable and economical on cruise, not just focus on dyno numbers.
    Nice!!, I heard alot of good things about Toda and there tuning.. How much did that cost you?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    135 with bolt-ons and tune

very healthy number!

Yes the midrange is definitely noticable from the drivers seat. Especially accelerating in 4th and 5th, you don't need to downshift as often in traffic/overtaking etc. VTEC engages at 5400 with full throttle, up to 5700rpm with part throttle (VTEC engagement window).

Time spent on the dyno around 4 hours plus miscellaneous time for setting up etc.
    Which spark plugs did you use? Any idea? I heard hondata recommend using resistor spark plugs with non resistor spark plug wires
    EG