Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06

CL9 Specific Suspension requirements - Question

Hi All - prepare for some noob questions and descriptions!

i have a 2006 CL9, After rummaging through countless threads for information on what i should do. this is what I've come up with and i need your opinion.

iam wanting a 1-2finger clearance - and without going out to measure yet - figure Eibach Pro-Kit springs (30mm drop) will be a nice option. BUT I've heard the euros naturally have a lot of negative camber (-3 up to -6) - therefore bad for tyres.

so having said all that;

A. will a 1-2 finger clearance drop cause a lot of negative camber? (with eibach pro-kit)
    B. is the eibach pro-kit even the right way to go/necessary?
    C. what is an acceptable level of camber for that drop
    D. if it does cause lots of negative camber - adjustable camber kit is on the cards - what are my options from here?

all in all - i just want a small neat drop for aesthetic purposes and not much change in ride quality, and really when i see that i may need the camber kit i wonder if its all worth it and really i can't justify spending anymore than $600. any opinions and comments would be most helpful.
    2006 CL9 Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by jbzonda View Post
    Hi All - prepare for some noob questions and descriptions!

i have a 2006 CL9, After rummaging through countless threads for information on what i should do. this is what I've come up with and i need your opinion.

iam wanting a 1-2finger clearance - and without going out to measure yet - figure Eibach Pro-Kit springs (30mm drop) will be a nice option. BUT I've heard the euros naturally have a lot of negative camber (-3 up to -6) - therefore bad for tyres.

so having said all that;

A. will a 1-2 finger clearance drop cause a lot of negative camber? (with eibach pro-kit)
    B. is the eibach pro-kit even the right way to go/necessary?
    C. what is an acceptable level of camber for that drop
    D. if it does cause lots of negative camber - adjustable camber kit is on the cards - what are my options from here?

all in all - i just want a small neat drop for aesthetic purposes and not much change in ride quality, and really when i see that i may need the camber kit i wonder if its all worth it and really i can't justify spending anymore than $600. any opinions and comments would be most helpful.
    A.You'll end up with approx.1.5-3 deg. negative on the rears,Front should be fine.
    B.Definitely.Even better when you team it up with either Bilstein or Koni shocks.Transforms the way the car drives and handles.
    C.Not sure.You WILL need a rear camber kit.
    D.SPC or Ingalls camber kits.
    Trust me it's worth it!The stock suspension is shit compared with this.I've got Eibach and Bilstein combo.If you do it properly you wont get much change from 2K.(drive in drive out)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    Thanks for ur reply tony, I'll probably steer clear of shocks, at least initially. Ur estimate of 2k is definitely more than I want to spend, but minus the shocks - and keeping in mind that my price i suggested was for parts only (mate of mine will install)
    But Uve answered my questions thanks!

Anyone had experience with eibach with standard shocks?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    2k for a spring shock setup is rediculous.

If you dont want shocks thats finebut keepin mind your shocks will eventually fail.

So you will need new shocks anyway and wont make any money back as you then cant sell your shock spring combo as you will need it for the car

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    man wasnt this on the other thread -.- a shock and spring combo aint 2k, its 900 delivered

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    i dont see a point why people get spring+shock combo.. should go for coils its the same price..
    Less Than Classy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    coil overs are out of the questions, despite the cost, id prefer to just get springs - if i require shocks down the track than so be it.
    the fact that the camber kit is required is another cost on top of that.

ryaan, yes i saw it on another thread too - but my questions didn't include shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_lee View Post
    i dont see a point why people get spring+shock combo.. should go for coils its the same price..
    Coils are too hard for daily driving

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysalib View Post
    Coils are too hard for daily driving
    I've heard that too - and i guess thats the idea of the eibach springs it to maintain the stock comfy ride

If you go for just springs, the problem with Eibach Pro (and Tein S.Tech which is what I've got) is that they drop the front more than the rear - 1.7" front vs. 1.3" back, so you end up with a slight positive rake which is a bit annoying.

I don't know why they make them that way, I'm sure there is a reason since both are reputable brands and they both do that, but if you are getting them purely for aesthetic I would recommend getting something that lowers front and back by the same drop - I think Tanabe do that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysalib View Post
    If you go for just springs, the problem with Eibach Pro (and Tein S.Tech which is what I've got) is that they drop the front more than the rear - 1.7" front vs. 1.3" back, so you end up with a slight positive rake which is a bit annoying.

I don't know why they make them that way, I'm sure there is a reason since both are reputable brands and they both do that, but if you are getting them purely for aesthetic I would recommend getting something that lowers front and back by the same drop - I think Tanabe do that.
    interesting, ill make a note of that cheers. id rather it not have that positive rake - i reckon the stock has it slightly already! thats good to know id rather them drop the same for sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Yer that's why i went with coils rake annoyed me.

My coils were fine on a daily drive. Mine are 10kg on the front 6 on the rear.

And when i bought them they felt like stock so i actually hardened up