Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tien S-techs or Skunk2 Lowering Springs on a Civic Coupe

Hi Ozhonda, as the title says i'm having trouble of which springs to choose for my 96 Civic Coupe. And if possible, can you guys post a picture of ride height (approximately) of what it'll look like? I'm currently on stock ride height with sportmaxx's (15x7 +38). Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Tein will be a better quality spring, but if you buy it from overseas you will have no warranty, kings do exactly the same thing and have a lifetime warranty, Koni also do a coil set that are quite cheap and work very well on the street with a 35mm drop f&r.

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Tein will be a better quality spring, but if you buy it from overseas you will have no warranty, kings do exactly the same thing and have a lifetime warranty, Koni also do a coil set that are quite cheap and work very well on the street with a 35mm drop f&r.
    Yeah i was planning on getting it overseas since its cheaper (correct me if i'm wrong). Why do most people say skunk2 aren't that great? Is it because the springs are like really stiff? And can you link me the koni coil set please?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    There isn't too much info on them, but Google Koni Sport Springs and you'll get a few results

The biggest issue with Skunk2 coils is that the material isn't as high quality as other brands, so the longevity isn't there

Member Array
    Car:
    Sausage legs
    kings do exactly the same thing and have a lifetime warranty
    King springs may do exactly the same thing, but after a couple years they'll sag like titties. Tein might be a better option if you're planning on lowering your car.

There isn't too much info on them, but Google Koni Sport Springs and you'll get a few results

The biggest issue with Skunk2 coils is that the material isn't as high quality as other brands, so the longevity isn't there
    Ahh i see fair enough then i guess Skunk2 isn't the best option then. And i googled Koni Sport Springs and doesn't seem like its for an ej8. Then i ebayed it and came acorss this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Civ...ht_2385wt_1163. I'm guessing these are the sport springs?

Quote Originally Posted by -Tom View Post
    King springs may do exactly the same thing, but after a couple years they'll sag like titties. Tein might be a better option if you're planning on lowering your car.
    And yeah your right thats what i been hearing about the King Springs, i might just go with the s-techs. A 1.9"F/1.7"R should look okay on 15x7 +38 wheels i guess

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Yeah, EK/EJ/EM all the same when it comes to springs and shocks basically.

The kit you found on ebay would be awesome for a street car and it would hold up well on the track too

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLSY View Post
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=68904

FYI, spring rates of different brands of lower springs
    Sorry to be a noob but can you explain to me the spring rates and all that? I'm guessing the higher the no. the stiffer the springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Correct.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    That link is pretty interesting, rep given...

To compare, the Kings are 230lb front and 125>220lb rear - so they are softer than the Eibach Pro kit, but about the same as the Tein S.Tech (firmer in the rear though)

Ahh i see, so i might as well just get the s-techs then, they are cheaper then skunk2 and also not as stiff. Thanks for the help seena and trism!