Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda accord vti Yo

Honda Crx siR - So hard to find a good one In Australia

Been looking for a clean stock low klm crx siR and not having much luck at all.

They are all old looking and seem thrashed and not taken care of.

have you guys ever even seen a good one here in oz?
    Accord H22A PWR

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Yes I have

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah, mine is good. I bought it 3 years ago for $8,500 and 96,000 genuine kms. Only had a pod filter, 5zigen muffler, rs*r short shifter and two sets of rims.

Now it has 102,000kms and a few more mods

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    In fact a few more of my friends also have excellent ones

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda accord vti Yo
    Anyone going to sell? lol
    Accord H22A PWR

Quote Originally Posted by b16a man View Post
    Been looking for a clean stock low klm crx siR and not having much luck at all.

They are all old looking and seem thrashed and not taken care of.

have you guys ever even seen a good one here in oz?
    They are still around, BUT, as they're now 20 yrs old, they ARE old and the people who have got the good ones most likely don't intend to sell until they or the car dies (whichever comes first), so you'll probably have a long wait, then you also may get lucky and one could come up tomorrow or next week. Or you'll have to bite the bullet and be prepared to fix one up.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda accord vti Yo
    I used to have a crx with a b16a and i miss it so bad.
    Was so loud and sounded amazing!
    it could easily stay with a wrx which i couldnt beleive for a 1.6 litre engine.
    Just love the look of crx and combine with the vtec it is amazing.
    Plus so cheap on fuel too which is great these days.
    and you dont have to drive everyone around because it is a 2 seater.
    Accord H22A PWR

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    I just had to bite the bullet and get my EF8 resprayed as its exterior had gotten to that point. I guess after nearly 23 years that isn't to bad though! I think I'll hold onto it for a bit longer now too

Quote Originally Posted by qstoria View Post
    I just had to bite the bullet and get my EF8 resprayed as its exterior had gotten to that point. I guess after nearly 23 years that isn't to bad though! I think I'll hold onto it for a bit longer now too
    I'd love to have one too, they are the pinnacle of the Gen2's, no doubt about it, they have the performance and the luxury refinements for a great GT (Grand Tourer but with the nimbleness of a sports car). In my experience with all sorts of cars, I believe they are at a point in their history that is common to most of this type. At 20 years their values have dropped about as far as they will go and they plateau, until about 25 yrs when (and this may have something to do with the fact they move into the club rego and special interest area) their values begin to rise (also because of the attrition rate). So as a long term investment, you still have the chance to enjoy their use now frequently and anything spent on them is not going into a bottomless pit.

You don't know how I wish I'd hung on to my Charger that I sold in 98 for $1825 which now you could probably tack a 0 on the end.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda accord vti Yo
    Hi Hondapop

That is also something which i was thinking.
    I know that quality crx in general is very hard to find and if you do find a good one, it is holding its value very well and easier to sell.
    I have found a crx that is perfect but is an australian deliverd model which does not have that extra added power and style.
    I really prefer the Sir but not sure that i will find one with under 100,000 klm.
    I dont even think that they can be imported anymore.
    So it will be even harder.
    Accord H22A PWR

Are you also on crxaustralia.com ? Not saying you will find one there soon either but you need to cover as many forums as possible, and all the sales sites as well.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Any reason why SiR apart from the rarity n power etc. perhaps how about another project CRX with a b16a like u had before. ..btw there is 1 selling cheap.