Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by b16a man View Post
    Hi Hondapop

That is also something which i was thinking.
    I know that quality crx in general is very hard to find and if you do find a good one, it is holding its value very well and easier to sell.
    I have found a crx that is perfect but is an australian deliverd model which does not have that extra added power and style.
    I really prefer the Sir but not sure that i will find one with under 100,000 klm.
    I dont even think that they can be imported anymore.
    So it will be even harder.
    I think you'll never see another with a genuine 100,000 or less. I was kinda upset when mine ticked over lol.

Honestly you might have to buy an average one for $6,000-8,000 and just fix up the body, check/re-build the engine, change the bushes etc.

Will drive like a new car and then you have piece of mind mate.

I test drove an ED9 and liked it, but then I met my now best friend who took me for a spin in his EF8 and there was just no other option mate.

Even a B16A convert is very nice but if it were me shopping again I'd honestly pay whatever is necessary to get that genuine EF8. Even an EF9?

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda accord vti Yo
    Hi Honda Pop
    yes i have been a member on there for years and have owned 2 b16a converted crxs in the past but they were bought already done up and i didnt really like what was done to them.
    I will keep an eye out.
    I see a couple on Carsales but they seem very thrashed and beaten up.
    Might wait for something better to pop up.
    There is a perfect crx on carsales original and all that looks really good.
    But not a vtec dam it.
    I guess if i keep looking around that i will find something eventually.
    Can we not import an SiR anymore?
    Accord H22A PWR

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    No you can't unless it's for parts only (not road legal) or you've owned it in Japan or wherever for 12months or more.

Importing is an expensive process also, plus the vehicle is unsighted or tested.

This law is in place to protect the domestic market from overseas competition where there is a similar vehicle available locally. So because we have the ED9 you can't import the EF8. However if we never received the CRX at all it might have been alright.

Seriously, but one and just fix it. Make it your own gem. They're a dying breed.

Meant to be thrashed anyway...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    Well I was considering selling mine but not anymore. Its a shame they cannot be imported either. I'm sure they would go for a reasonable price in Japan. The only other car Honda have I think will be in the same category as the EF8 will be the DC2r. Might not be a bad option to look into getting one of them in good condition now.

Keep looking for the EF8 though, someone will eventually sell but I think you will have to be prepared to spend some money on it but it will be money well spent I think.

i might be selling mine.

Black 89 ef8 mooonroof second owner from from its import from Japan
    135k on motor 185 on car
    Ohlins pcv for ef8 10k front 8k rear
    tanabe g medalion cat back with fujitsubo headers and stainless steel cat
    cusco front and rear strut braces
    viper alarm with windows lift and engine start
    original mugen kit except for front bar with is a NZ copy.
    momo steering wheel
    skunk2 shift knob and short shifter
    black racing 14" wheels with re001 80% thred
    braided brake lines front and rear
    edm wing

Plenty of spare sparts, back seats, climate control, and an whole other wrecked ef8 really.

Good points - gearbox is super smooth, engine is strong, vtec pop is very loud. pcvs were rebuilt 20k ago, aircon just regased and very cold, timing belt and water pump done 10k ago

Bad points - driver seat has a couple of tears, front gaurds have minor damage close to the wheel arch no bad though. rear quarter has been keyed mark is about 20cm long it hasnt gone to the primer level though still black but none the less its still there.

those who know me know that i love my crx's and this will shock everyone, but something that needs to be done

i want $8500 as is, or you can take the shocks off for 1k.

in case you want pics
    http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9872
    Last edited by A.C.S DRAG; 09-02-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    OzH$%O is not a gang, it is a way of life.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.S DRAG View Post
    i might be selling mine.

Black 89 ef8 mooonroof second owner from from its import from Japan
    135k on motor 185 on car
    Ohlins pcv for ef8 10k front 8k rear
    tanabe g medalion cat back with fujitsubo headers and stainless steel cat
    cusco front and rear strut braces
    viper alarm with windows lift and engine start
    original mugen kit except for front bar with is a NZ copy.
    momo steering wheel
    skunk2 shift knob and short shifter
    black racing 14" wheels with re001 80% thred
    braided brake lines front and rear
    edm wing

Plenty of spare sparts, back seats, climate control, and an whole other wrecked ef8 really.

Good points - gearbox is super smooth, engine is strong, vtec pop is very loud. pcvs were rebuilt 20k ago, aircon just regased and very cold, timing belt and water pump done 10k ago

Bad points - driver seat has a couple of tears, front gaurds have minor damage close to the wheel arch no bad though. rear quarter has been keyed mark is about 20cm long it hasnt gone to the primer level though still black but none the less its still there.

those who know me know that i love my crx's and this will shock everyone, but something that needs to be done

i want $8500 as is, or you can take the shocks off for 1k.

in case you want pics
    http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9872

Fark man, yeah I am shocked lol. ED9 coming along?

Guys this dude is a God of CRX. Never stinges out on work or parts and helped me build my own example. Definitely a solid buy

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Yeh great buy from guy who looks after and loves crx's a

Your silly not to let this one go with out trip down to melbourne for look or even better to buy it

And I am shock too, now jon gona not have ef8 only crazy ed9 B series turbo

Pat
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Agree with what everyone else has said, there just aren't that many around and a lot are pretty beat. The good ones don't change hands that often. Just get a beat one and clean it up, that is what I am doing. Although some might not like what I am going to do to it .

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    sexspec all the way

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    In fact a few more of my friends also have excellent ones
    Sorry to hijack a year later, anyone know of one for sale? Keen as for one as summer is coming soon!

I have a munted one. Will need a respray though.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Fewer and fewer Gen2's for sale these days. Chances of getting a good EF8 aren't good.

Typing this as I rebuild my GBox with a mate