Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Who cruises at 4000rpm? I cruise at 2-3k rpm, shift at 3-4k...

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    nobody really but with very short FD cruising at 100-110 can start nearing the 4000 rpm mark

Account Disabled Array
    Real test would be a 1/4mile. Go out one night with stock 4.7 FD and see what top speed it can hit in 400m. When the 5.1FD goes in, see if top speed increases.

We just installed a 5.1FD into BYP EG n/a time attack, from data shown it there was no increase in top speed on the straight. If anything it might of made the car go backwards couple of the tenths.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    With a short FD! On the s2k with 4.77 peaking at 4.2k rpm at 110 kph. Had a 70mm j's which made life worst lol

Real test would be a 1/4mile. Go out one night with stock 4.7 FD and see what top speed it can hit in 400m. When the 5.1FD goes in, see if top speed increases.

We just installed a 5.1FD into BYP EG n/a time attack, from data shown it there was no increase in top speed on the straight. If anything it might of made the car go backwards couple of the tenths.
    shorter gearing COULD give better times, but the effect is more noticeable over very short distances. it increases short term acceleration by delivering the same power curve earlier during the speed range. pulls harder, but shorter. in the end, over a longer distance where cars with tallers gears have a chance to catch up, result is roughly the same and since you'll be shifting more, might actually get worse times.
    Last edited by butterfingers; 11-07-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Imo i think the circuit is a better field to test which fd will be better as you will get on the power sooner. I think the 1/4 mile will test what top speed u will net when comparing gear ratios etc. benny, on ur track data with the EG, was the only mod that changed was a different fd?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Im happy to get some rough estimates on speed at redline in each gear so we can conpare a stock drivetrain and upgraded clutch/flywheel/lsd/shorter fd for everyone

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    nobody really but with very short FD cruising at 100-110 can start nearing the 4000 rpm mark
    Hence why installing the 6th gear from accord euro should be complimented when going shorter fd.