Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    what would the top end speed be?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by _bORdO_ View Post
    what would the top end speed be?
    To answer your question, 6th gear, 4.7FD @ 8000rpm - 274km/h, 5.1FD and TSX 6th @ 8000rpm - 289km/h

I would never hit 6th gear at Wakefield, I'll be grabbing 5th gear with the new drivetrain setup so in 5th gear, 4.7FD at 8000rpm - 220km/h, 5.1 FD at 8000rpm - 207km/h

I used the mfactory calculator and tyre size used was 235/45/17 all throughout.

http://www.teammfactory.com/gearcalc...ission+1+%26+2

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    perfect answer.
    thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by _bORdO_ View Post
    perfect answer.
    thanks.
    youre welcome paul
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    youre welcome paul
    Ha Ha..?
    Thanks Oscar?

Your welcome in my books as well

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Hey guys, i just drove my friend car. I been talking to him about my drivetrain upgrade for awhile, then his gearbox blew :/ so he opted to install the parts i was going to install: exedy stage 2/exedy lightened flyheel / 5.1oem fd/ accord 6th. Now his car is just inejncai/toda header/amuse catback and shitty tyres. His car is fast. It accelrates like mine if not faster from 0-120km/h

Mycar has got decent tyres/injencai/toda eader/spooon n1 catback/hondata kpro/stock drivetrain. His car is defiantely on par with mine if not faster.

There has been alot of hate with the 5.1fd with ppl saying its too aggresive and u be shifting way
    Too often... In my 10min drive, the shifting was same as mine but i can feel alot more getupandgo even at 2k rpm.

Looking at gear ratio calculators, the data hows it is a great mod... After the drve tonight, its great! I thiught his 3.7/3.8kg exedy flywheel would be too light... It felt great to drive, even with nike tn's lol. I think cos my car has the tuned kpro... I might stick eith my jdm flywheel .

I cant wait to drive his car again!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    One thing i would like to test is also his cruising rpm at 6th gear. I wanna see some real life figures on the rpm at 110km/h. I will see if he can do it and report back here!

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    very good, keep the info coming.

What fool looks at top speed these days... no one is ever going to hit that fast, not even down Eastern creek straight lol. The change in FD imo is all based on it's purpose. You can get a shorter final drive which can be 'torquey' but maybe around wakefield it forces you to hold out the gear until the corner? Then you're f**ked lol. Also, with the street car, definitely gotta check if YOU can handle the cruising speed. A droney exhaust at 4.2k rpm is probably the worst thing I've ever experienced!

Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    How exactly do you break a final drive?
    I would also like to know this

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    A droney exhaust at 4.2k rpm is probably the worst thing I've ever experienced!
    For me the "droney exhaust" would be the issue and not the Final drive.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    For me the "droney exhaust" would be the issue and not the Final drive.
    That's more of a vehicle specific thing, I find that if I cruise in my car at 4000 it's quite quiet compared to 2500. it doesn't resonate through the chassis asmuch
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC