Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Rx7 Fc Front brake calipers to Civic Ek

Has anyone done one before? Any info with help. I know Ek9 brake conversion will be easier, but I want better brake performance plus I don't want to change my 4x100 stud pattern.

Cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    anythings possible with money, engineering and fabrication, but most tend to go down the ek9 route as its more than enough for the car, anything bigger than they usually opt for willwood or spoon 4 pot calipers.

imo, i dont think the ek Brake booster will handle the Rx7 brakes, as they are much bigger, which is why they prbz wont work effectively...

and....You dont need to change ur stud pattern at all, just swap out the calipers and rotors with a 3 mm spacer, add the ek9 Brake booster and MC and ur done....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

I got B18c in my Ek, Ek9 brake made be just enough but I don't want to change stud pattern and my wheels just like a lot of guys in here.

Wilwood brake calipers don't have dust cover, not ADR approve,

Second hand Spoon 4 pot calipers is the idea what I want, but too hard to find, also way over price.

Normal Ek Brake booster and MC is ok to use Rx7 Fc 4 pot brake calipers, I already confirm with my local engineering guy. Just need to find the way to do the fabrication.

I guess if I can do it cheaper the ek9 brake conversion, a lot of people in here would be interest. How much is the Ek9 brake conversion this day?

Have you even visited any workshops? If you're located in Melbourne visit Auto Racing Technik/Technik tuning. They do plenty of brake kit fabrications.

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 FD2
    DC2R Calipers, JDMyard Spacer and Re-Drilled DC2R Rotors which can also be sourced from JDMyard. Best Bang for buck brake conversion you will ever have.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    i dont see how fabricating rx7 brakes to fit ek hub will even be adr approved vs the willwood upgrade lol.... but if it is, than it is...

If u only have a mild modded ek b18c, Ek9 brakes are more than enough... And they are 1 inch bigger than ek brakes, 282mm vs ek 262mm, as ive said above, u dont need to change stud pattern at all, just the rotors to fit the stud pattern

if ur still insistent on making the calipers fit, visit workshops as above, wont be cheap but.....

i believe rx7 use like 294mm or 314mm rotors, which is quite big for a small car like an ek, than tryna source rotors that size, and than fitting onto the hub, than also factoring the offset of rims and size of rims to fit over the larger calipers/rotor size
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Just put some good brake pads on seriously you have 262's already and it's just an EK not a Chrysler 300C that you're trying to stop lol

I am not leave in Melbourne, but I did went to see my local engineering workshop, still working out the best way to fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    i dont see how fabricating rx7 brakes to fit ek hub will even be adr approved vs the willwood upgrade lol.... but if it is, than it is...

If u only have a mild modded ek b18c, Ek9 brakes are more than enough... And they are 1 inch bigger than ek brakes, 282mm vs ek 262mm, as ive said above, u dont need to change stud pattern at all, just the rotors to fit the stud pattern

if ur still insistent on making the calipers fit, visit workshops as above, wont be cheap but.....

i believe rx7 use like 294mm or 314mm rotors, which is quite big for a small car like an ek, than tryna source rotors that size, and than fitting onto the hub, than also factoring the offset of rims and size of rims to fit over the larger calipers/rotor size
    I have tried the Ek9 brake upgrade on a Ek4 before, not bad.

The Rx7 Fc brake conversion had a lot better performance also it is ADR approve I already confirm. if the cost I can afford I will go this way, otherwise I take your advise, go to Ek9 calipers and re-drill rotors with a 3 mm spacer. Thank for all your advise.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    I did bit of research myself and found you better off going with EK9 front setup over the RX7 Fc
    My reason are

1) Everyone says it best bang for bang and everything bolt up with minor machining and 3 mm spacer

2) the surface area on the DC2R/EK9 pads are more than RX7 FC seen in the two link's below

The RX7 1986-1999
    http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/8568

The DC2R 1997-2001
    http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/7934

3) Keep it all Honda OEM Yo
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Quote Originally Posted by pat88c View Post
    I did bit of research myself and found you better off going with EK9 front setup over the RX7 Fc
    My reason are

1) Everyone says it best bang for bang and everything bolt up with minor machining and 3 mm spacer

2) the surface area on the DC2R/EK9 pads are more than RX7 FC seen in the two link's below

The RX7 1986-1999
    http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/8568

The DC2R 1997-2001
    http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/7934

3) Keep it all Honda OEM Yo
    That is good advise, looking at the photo, the surface area on the DC2R/EK9 pads are little bit more than RX7 Fc, but what about the brake pots size? Do you have any research done? I know the DC2R/EK9 is 2 pots caliper and Fc is 4 pots. caliper

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Far as I know the dc2r/ek9 are big single pot (can someone else comfirm)

If you did want more pistons you can go spoon setup which use oem dc2r/ek9 brake pad size but with more force with 4 pots

The nsx is 2 pots

Everyone uses dc2r setup as it best though for what you got just need to upgrade mc

Make me want do same to 282mm dc2r setup

Can someone post up total price for parts
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep