Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by khanguskhan View Post
    I only drive a stock DC2R dude
    lol not you man, the op.

It's a b18C EK

Right now I'm using 4 pots on 300mm at the fronts. This was a kit made by ART for DC5 and DC2s. my stock DC2R brakes had ZERO problems in stopping my car, mainly due to my car not really seeing anything higher than 160-170. And after I had these 4 pots put in, which ART rate the build quality and performance better than the rx7's tested. I'm an amateur at driving, but the amount of self induced over steering happens really easily, on straights too.

The stopping power I get is awesome, but it really is overwhelming, I'm in the process of getting a gurney and brake biasing valve to deal with this problem. And sadly, I'm not even using ART's way more aggressive custom pads for it.

My knowledge is balls compared to you guys. But for me straight up it's like this, when do you need 4 pots? When your car is over a certain weight e.g 1200kg, gets up to 170km/h, you slam the brakes, and you're getting really shit clamp on your current brakes. So we 4 pot that sh*t.

So if you are really pushing it that much and need that much more clamping power than yea. But just saying, it doesn't feel good straight away, just making sure you know that what you're getting is very overpowering, hence why lot of the guys here are recommending much more reasonable options. That are meant to be enough for your usage.
    For your over steering problem have talk to a brake engineering shop? Before I looking to do the 4 pot calipers, I already know this going to be a problem. My advise is go to see a brake engineering guy and let them adjust the proportion vale. You will find big difference if they adjust probably. Good luck.

I already told you i'm already working on the problem, anyway nevermind, i tried. I will check if they have any kits laying around that might help you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    You don't have to doubt I cannot push the dc2r setup to the limit, beside you don't need big power to push the brake system. I race my Rx7 Fc on the track. I know how to push the brake to the limit. As I said before, I did tried the Ek4 with Ek9 brake setup. I know how good are they.

The Rx7 brake pad had less surface area than the Dc2r surface area because it doesn't need it. During the number of pistons difference, if you know what I mean. Put in this way, I see a lot of Aftermarket upgrade 4,6,8 pistons calipers kit. I never see a Aftermarket Large single piston caliper upgrade kit. If you can find it, let me know. I don't think there are many.

Just like I pointed out earlier before, the Rx7 calipers was design for a heavier car plus the car had a turbo. I really don't see why the Rx7 setup going to be worst than the Ek9/Dc2r setup. Just common sense.
    Have you ever driven a car on the track with a dc2r setup? And what rotor/pad combo are you thinking of running in the rx7 setup?

You do realise that more pistons in a caliper doesnt mean you're going to stop faster, it will give you more even pad distribution which may have a slight positive effect on braking, in saying that, you'll be running less pad surface area so you'll have less braking capability from that alone. The reason alot of oem parts are single sliding design is cost, its cheaper to make then a multi pot caliper.

You do realise that the dc2r uses the exact same caliper as a CRV, Prelude, Ek9, Odyssey, etc. Many of which weigh more then a dc2r. An nsx also uses the EXACT same pad as a dc2r and they also use a 282 rotor as well.
    If you'd like to give me an explanation of how dc2r 282 setup running the same rotor and pad compounds as a rx7 setup is going to stop slower then a Rx7 setup, then please, i'm all ears, but logically if you have 282mm of rotor you're only going to have X amount of rotational force, if you want more get a larger rotor or better rotor/pad. You just seem like a typical blind fanboy imo.

Most important out of any of this is can your tyres hold up to the extra braking? (what tyres are you using?)

I already told you i'm already working on the problem, anyway nevermind, i tried. I will check if they have any kits laying around that might help you.
    Sorry man, miss that part. my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_foy View Post
    Have you ever driven a car on the track with a dc2r setup? And what rotor/pad combo are you thinking of running in the rx7 setup?

You do realise that more pistons in a caliper doesnt mean you're going to stop faster, it will give you more even pad distribution which may have a slight positive effect on braking, in saying that, you'll be running less pad surface area so you'll have less braking capability from that alone. The reason alot of oem parts are single sliding design is cost, its cheaper to make then a multi pot caliper.

You do realise that the dc2r uses the exact same caliper as a CRV, Prelude, Ek9, Odyssey, etc. Many of which weigh more then a dc2r. An nsx also uses the EXACT same pad as a dc2r and they also use a 282 rotor as well.
    If you'd like to give me an explanation of how dc2r 282 setup running the same rotor and pad compounds as a rx7 setup is going to stop slower then a Rx7 setup, then please, i'm all ears, but logically if you have 282mm of rotor you're only going to have X amount of rotational force, if you want more get a larger rotor or better rotor/pad. You just seem like a typical blind fanboy imo.

Most important out of any of this is can your tyres hold up to the extra braking? (what tyres are you using?)
    First thing first, I never said the dc2r setup going to stop slower than the Rx7 setup. Don’t put word in my month. I don’t have that knowledge to said which one going to better performance I take the Dc2r brake setup info and the Rx7 brake setup info to a qualifier brake engineering guy and he said the Rx7 setup better, not me but to be fair.
    I think in the cars modifiers world even same setup, one made make better performance than other. I see that a lot of time. Without two setup side by side put it into the same car, do a road test. No one can said which one going to be better.

A lot of guys in here must ask. Why I choose Rx7 calipers conversion. I got a Rx7 and I race on the track and I find oem setup they had brake fade after I finish one track day (brake pads is cross over pad, not a race pad) I was happy with the oem performance. If I’m not going to the track, the oem setup is more than enough for the street. I bought a (RE-Amemiya racing calipers make by Brembo) with App 335mm light weight 2 pieces rotors for my 7. Rx7oem brakes going to civic.

I didn’t drive a car with dc2r brake setup, but I did race with a Dc2r on the track with my 7 oem brake. 200km down straight side by side brake in to the corner. We nearly brake in the same time. I was driving inside lane. I had to brake harder before I can get grip on the tyres to take the corner. That my experience. If you going to ask me Is he a good driver or what brake pads did he use or what engine mod did he do. Answer is I don’t know, all I know is the car got strip out interior, got a roll cage and we both using semi slick and his car is lighter than my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 civic coupe vti
    You asked a qualified brake engineering guy...Maybe. But youre forgetting that they will not suggest the DC2R/EK9 combo because if they do, they will have lose some income from you lol

Quote Originally Posted by henrygiang View Post
    You asked a qualified brake engineering guy...Maybe. But youre forgetting that they will not suggest the DC2R/EK9 combo because if they do, they will have lose some income from you lol
    I Thank for people who advice me to the Ek9 or Dc2r brake setup. I tried to be nice and fair for people who got or vote for the Ek9 or Dc2r brake setup but look like, not going to work. Some people would like to start a product comparative argument. Please read the writing below first.
    I did ask two high performances & high reputation workshop, one is working on my brake conversion which I’m not telling you. Other one is PWR which most of you know they built high quality products and sale Alcon high performances brake kits to high performances cars. I don’t think anybody in here has better knowledge than those guys, most important thing is, they don’t sale any brake upgrade kit for Ek. So there advice is most neutral no incomes lose. I just ask them about the Dc2r brake setup and the Rx7 setup. And he told me expect answer, go for Rx7 setup. If anybody want to know why please give them a call. I am tired writing comparative report. If you believe you had better knowledge than PWR engineering guys, good on you, you should open a workshop and make some money good luck.
    For people who don’t know PWR performance have look at the link below below.http://www.pwr.com.au/#/view=home/
    I know next things most people going to compare are the cost to do the setup. I got the price up, $660 include mod the Rx7 calipers to fit, customer bracket and 282mm rotors. If I need to adjust my proportion vale, is only $85. I don’t know is that what you guys call costly, but for me is not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lil' 4 cylinder
    Another 4 piston choice maybe Skyline.. just a thought

http://www.ek9.org/forum/brakes/1712...2-r33-ek9.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    I Thank for people who advice me to the Ek9 or Dc2r brake setup. I tried to be nice and fair for people who got or vote for the Ek9 or Dc2r brake setup but look like, not going to work. Some people would like to start a product comparative argument. Please read the writing below first.
    I did ask two high performances & high reputation workshop, one is working on my brake conversion which I’m not telling you. Other one is PWR which most of you know they built high quality products and sale Alcon high performances brake kits to high performances cars. I don’t think anybody in here has better knowledge than those guys, most important thing is, they don’t sale any brake upgrade kit for Ek. So there advice is most neutral no incomes lose. I just ask them about the Dc2r brake setup and the Rx7 setup. And he told me expect answer, go for Rx7 setup. If anybody want to know why please give them a call. I am tired writing comparative report. If you believe you had better knowledge than PWR engineering guys, good on you, you should open a workshop and make some money good luck.
    For people who don’t know PWR performance have look at the link below below.http://www.pwr.com.au/#/view=home/
    I know next things most people going to compare are the cost to do the setup. I got the price up, $660 include mod the Rx7 calipers to fit, customer bracket and 282mm rotors. If I need to adjust my proportion vale, is only $85. I don’t know is that what you guys call costly, but for me is not.
    Go for it man, works out the same as dc2r setup.... keen on the results on an ek...... i was under the impression u needed bigger rotors to run it? or is it fine to run smaller rotors than that of the rx7?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC