Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Super price for a great oil. Thanks for the link. I just bought 24quartz for my CU2 euro....will be asking the service centre to change my oil at the 1000km checkup.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroGraphite View Post
    Super price for a great oil. Thanks for the link. I just bought 24quartz for my CU2 euro....will be asking the service centre to change my oil at the 1000km checkup.
    1000km maybe a bit too early for full synth, don't ya think?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    1000km maybe a bit too early for full synth, don't ya think?
    Any reason for that?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Not much really. Would have thought a thicker oil would have been better, especially one the engine has been designed with, would be better for the engine to run in with. Especially since the engine has only done 1000km and has barely run in. There was a better reason which I was told a while ago, can't remember though, just recall switching to Full Synthetic after 20k km.

Been wondering when to switch to synthetic for new cars so I've done some research on this topic... According to some sources ( http://www.mobiloil.com/usa-english/...ics/myths.aspx) new engines dont require the same degree of 'break-in' as those in the past. The honda RDX actually has synthetic as FF as well, as with my previous car, the IS250.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Not much really. Would have thought a thicker oil would have been better, especially one the engine has been designed with, would be better for the engine to run in with. Especially since the engine has only done 1000km and has barely run in. There was a better reason which I was told a while ago, can't remember though, just recall switching to Full Synthetic after 20k km.
    The K24 wasn't "designed" with Honda FEO, the USDM Acura's run a synthetic 0w-20 from factory.

The only reason was that synthetic oil, due to its better protection properties may extend the 'break-in" period of the car,
    Considering how little breakin cars require these days I doubt it'd matter that much.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    Are these full synthetic?
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ntAL_l2 View Post
    Are these full synthetic?
    not just full synthetic, group 5 full synthetic

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Thanks man for the heads up on this ! Just ordered now. Was tempted to order 24 q but i dont do that many kays lol.

Seems like there are lot of knowledgeable dudes here.. any suggestion on what to get for auto tranny oil at a decent price? Will be replacing that as well coming up next service.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-04-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Thanks man for the heads up on this ! Just ordered now. Was tempted to order 24 q but i dont do that many kays lol.

Seems like there are lot of knowledgeable dudes here.. any suggestion on what to get for auto tranny oil at a decent price? Will be replacing that as well coming up next service.
    Bobistheoilguy.com seems to believe Amsoil Multi vehicle ATF or redline d4 ATF are superior to Honda OEM.

Else you could ask if the local dealer stocks the 'new' (over 1yo now). ATF-dw1.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Still though, is there any advantage of grabbing these over Mobil 1? Mobil 1 is cheaper during sales (20% off supercheap occurs quite often).

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Still though, is there any advantage of grabbing these over Mobil 1? Mobil 1 is cheaper during sales (20% off supercheap occurs quite often).
    Mobil 1 is either group 3 or4 ( depend on which grade you get.)

This redline is about $11-$11.50 per liter, Still cheaper than m1 even with the 20% off.