Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by AE092 View Post
    Wow, you like getting angry don't you! Erm, yes I do know the S2000 use an F20C engine. Also you didn't mention oil during usage, the assumption was that it was kept in a bottle..

I pointed out I did a dyno comparison but you still didn't pick that there was environmental variances making the findings non-plausible. I even mentioned that in the above and you still couldn't pick it. That's ok, get angry cause I can finally use these!

LOL

Who.the.**** compares oil in an unopened bottle?!

Oh **** it it's like talking to a Honda salesma...
    Oh wait..

Last edited by Fredoops; 14-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92

Erm yeh... I did say I work in Spare Parts - I actually don't sell cars...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

Erm yeh... I did say I work in Spare Parts - I actually don't sell cars...
    The same people who try's to sell a door actuator for $160 when it's only $60 shipped from the states. You lot are probably worse than car salespeople.

As such.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    The same people who try's to sell a door actuator for $160 when it's only $60 shipped from the states. You lot are probably worse than car salespeople.
    Though I'm sure you realise parts interpreters aren't actually the ones that place a price on the parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    As Symphorced said: I don't enforce prices. Where Sales-people push for sales and accrue commission, I don't so whether you buy here or from the 'US is just fine by me. For the record, I'm trolling you just to make you angry and get you Gee'd up lol

... For those thinking you'll get some sort of 'performance' gain; you'll definitely feel a placebo effect.
    Forgot to mention I work for Honda Spare Parts.
    Just a couple of questions.

Do you know what the advantages of synthetic over dino oils are? or do you believe the synthetic will provide no advantage whatsoever? Performance means more than just rwkw, but you knew that right?

Just curious, but what is the purpose of stating that you work at Honda Spare parts ? Does that give you more authority? More than, say, someone who has a degree in engineering?
    Last edited by EuroGraphite; 14-04-2012 at 07:27 PM.

As Symphorced said: I don't enforce prices. Where Sales-people push for sales and accrue commission, I don't so whether you buy here or from the 'US is just fine by me. For the record, I'm trolling you just to make you angry and get you Gee'd up lol
    lol....so now you're saying u were trying to sound dumb?? i call bs. You tried to sound like u know shit but Fredoops spanked ur arse! lolol

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    Spank my arse? Go ahead, if that's the thing your into! From my first post I already put it out there it was 1wkw difference but he didn't even pick it lol and nor did I ever say I have more authority, just the mere fact that Honda oil isn't as bad as "wombat piss". I use an average branded oil but wouldn't knock OEM oil to the extent of calling it crap, that 20 Civic/Legend/Prelude ect you see tomorrow is probably using it

The cost is justified because apparently you get extra service when you buy locally, like extra lip service.lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Spank my arse? Go ahead, if that's the thing your into! From my first post I already put it out there it was 1wkw difference but he didn't even pick it lol and nor did I ever say I have more authority, just the mere fact that Honda oil isn't as bad as "wombat piss". I use an average branded oil but wouldn't knock OEM oil to the extent of calling it crap, that 20 Civic/Legend/Prelude ect you see tomorrow is probably using it
    Those 20 Honda's are more likely to be using Castrol Magnetec than your precious Honda FEO.
    You know better what Honda dealers ACTUALLY use (them big-ass barrels with CASTROL written on it)
    I maintain my stance, comparing a group 2 dino oil with group 5 synthetic, the group 2 does not compare.

I didn't pick your point of 1wkw because this is your understanding of "Oxidation".
    How you think oil will 'absorb' air through an air tight bottle is beyond me.
    that's pretty much /thread there... it's like talking Shakespeare to a sheep.

oh then there's this:
    Quote Originally Posted by AE092
    Someone mentioned oil will go off; oil is hygroscopic it does not absorb water at all.
    You work at Honda Parts..... I hope to power that maybe you know there IS a shelf life on engine oils. 2-3 years dino and 5 years synthetic in general. oil may not absorb water (I still puzzled by how the hell you managed to link "go off" and w.a.t.e.r. together, but then again you think oxidation means oxygen in the sealed bottle). Anyhow the oil does NOT hold it's technical specifications indefinitely, then there's the issues of stability of all the addictive in the oil.

But hey, since you work at parts, you should ALREADY know this. No?

And please. When normal people talk about oil, we're talking oil performance IN the engine, not how friggin pretty or airtight the stupid bottle is. And if you think you know better than engine builders in terms of power benefits of synthetic oil, thats fine, just don't expect us to believe you.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 14-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.

AE092, just wondering - how long have you been a mechanic for?